UKBouldering.com

Calling all teachers (or other youth type workers).... (Read 3545 times)

c.j.d.

• forum abuser
  • Great.
Firstly, sorry - I've no idea where to put this (Bubba?).

Basically, If you are a teacher, youth worker (community groups ect), college lecturer, with a taste for adventure, this is for you!

Choose a destination - anywhere in the world - and go there for free (yep).  If you want more information, PM me for my mobile number. :bounce:

Cheers,

Chris.

Ps - sorry for the unintentional spamming!

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
Thats a bit of a tease, any more info? I can think of lots of people who may be interested. What's the catch/charity/religion/cult?

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
I'm still working on trying to get funding for a cultural exchange between the street drinkers and street sex workers of both Sheffield and Fontainebleau, but have had about as much success finding funding as I have for my request to be sent on a "learn to drive like The Sweeney" course  :shrug:

Funding for kids and drug users is much easier to get.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.

Funding for kids and drug users is much easier to get.

Well you can't become a kid again...

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
Just to clarify...

Kids are the best possible people that we should be investing in.
As Mr JR says; no one gets a second chance - and we all have to cope with the results.

( off topic here - I don't quite get why drug abusers get so much of a better deal than vulnerable alcohol abusers with multiple and complex needs  :shrug: )

St Hubbins

• stalker
  • Where the magic happens...

( off topic here - I don't quite get why drug abusers get so much of a better deal than vulnerable alcohol abusers with multiple and complex needs  :shrug: )

Probably because drug users are more likely to commit crimes, therefore the government chucks money at them to curb their evil doings?
Just what i think anyway.....

c.j.d.

• forum abuser
  • Great.
Check out www.outlookexpeditions.com  and have a look at the teachers section.  I'm an expeditions senior here, so if you are keen (unbelievable career booster and also a remarkable experience)  PM and I'll give you a call etc.  Chris.

Somebody's Fool

• forum hero
I don't quite get why drug abusers get so much of a better deal than vulnerable alcohol abusers with multiple and complex needs  :shrug: )

Because alcohol's not a drug. It's a drink.

Strife

• regular
Actually, it's both a drug and a drink.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Actually, it's both a drug and a drink.

Sarcasm and Morris-esque humor don't translate well over t'internet do they Strife  ;)

vivahate

• forum abuser
  • Dragonaut
You could have made more money auctioning dogs!!

Im not sure that alcohol abusers get any less attention than polydrug users, both groups represent a large potential social strain and an exceptional cost for the health services (which I suspect is one of the government's main motivators in deciding where to put its money). Certainly research seems equally split between the two groups.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal