UKBouldering.com

Forearm Niggles? (Read 1418 times)

erm

• player
Forearm Niggles?
August 03, 2008, 01:02:11 pm
To start off with I tore the muscles attached to the flexors of my ring and pinkie fingers and at the same time damaged one of the tendons (attaching to the interssei, muscle that lets you wage you're finger). Now about all that I saw a doctor of sport medicine and the above is all his diagnoses.

This was back in November of last year and it seemed to all heal up with the last niggle was a slight pain about 2 inches from my elbow on the left side with right hand palm up when loading the pinkie or ring finger open hand style. This niggle did disappear and at the time I assumed it was the last of the muscle damage clearing up.

However it came back the other day when I was pulling on some plastic. It wasn't a sudden pain, I just happened to be pulling, open hand, and noticed that old niggle. So I promptly packed it in for the day went home and RICEed it. Thing is I am pretty sure that it isn't another muscle tear and I checked my left hand, where I found that the pinkie also does it there but to a much much lower degree.

As it is I figure I will take some time off, wait until it goes away and then wait some more before easing back in.

Anyone else come across this sort of thing? Any advice?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal