UKBouldering.com

YYFY!!! (Read 2098968 times)

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#6275 Re: YYFY!!!
August 10, 2016, 11:10:38 pm
A front lever pull is a pull done with straight arms and straight body, finishing in a front lever position.
I wanted to do proper front levers for the test, but I was feeling a bit unsafe despite the pads under the BM, and the weight at the ankles completely fucks up your body positioning, pushig you out of the holds. Plus, they were moving a bit and I was oscillating. Need a better setup next time, or maybe just a spotter.

tomtom

• forum hero
#6276 Re: YYFY!!!
August 16, 2016, 09:48:34 pm
The jug at the top of A Bigger Tail really is huge isn't it :)

\o/

Duma

• forum hero
#6277 Re: YYFY!!!
August 16, 2016, 10:40:00 pm
Nice work tt

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#6278 Re: YYFY!!!
August 18, 2016, 08:51:16 am
Back to max added weight on the BM incut rung despite being heavier now.
YYFY. Back around Megos.
My back feels a bit worked this morning though.

Andy P

• regular
#6279 Re: YYFY!!!
August 18, 2016, 02:33:14 pm
Back to max added weight on the BM incut rung despite being heavier now.
YYFY. Back around Megos.
My back feels a bit worked this morning though.

A beautiful, tatooed & pierced lady wearing 'interesting' apparel and very high, spikey heels did more for my back than three chiro sessions. Just sayin' like ..
Taxi!

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#6280 Re: YYFY!!!
August 19, 2016, 09:14:14 am
 :dance1: :devangel:

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#6281 Re: YYFY!!!
August 20, 2016, 11:33:30 am
Sorry, but I'm f'ing proud. OMM junior #2 first passable muscle-up.

All posts either sarcastic, tongue-in-cheek or mildly mocking-in-a-friendly-way unless otherwise stated. Looking at you, here, Dense. 

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#6282 Re: YYFY!!!
August 20, 2016, 11:59:03 am
Brilliant. How old is he?
It's very important to start impressing the girls on the beach at the youngest age possible.
 :dance1:

fried

• forum hero
#6283 Re: YYFY!!!
August 20, 2016, 02:12:41 pm
Cool. And now I know what a muscle-up is.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#6284 Re: YYFY!!!
August 20, 2016, 03:50:27 pm
Brilliant. How old is he?
It's very important to start impressing the girls on the beach at the youngest age possible.
 :dance1:

Going on 39...

All posts either sarcastic, tongue-in-cheek or mildly mocking-in-a-friendly-way unless otherwise stated. Looking at you, here, Dense.

lukeyboy

• forum abuser
#6285 Re: YYFY!!!
August 29, 2016, 06:58:07 pm
After a lovely weekend in the dales with the in-laws, we managed to sneak a session at Almscliff on the drive back to Bristol.

I spent a sunny afternoon on 3* classic after 3* classic - firstly Great Western which was wild (for a short grit route), then Z Climb Eliminate which was lovely, and after a bit of internal debate did Wall of Horrors which was excellent, though some larger cams would have really helped!

Particularly pleased with the last one as I've not climbed trad for ages and it was also our first time at the 'Cliff... will definitely be back!

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#6286 Re: YYFY!!!
August 30, 2016, 08:49:21 am
Good work. WoH was always one I wanted to do ever since reading the M John Harrison Book "Climbers" but never got on it :(

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#6287 Re: YYFY!!!
August 30, 2016, 12:45:06 pm
Amazing weekend in Pembroke. Have been to the area twice already this year, once on the May bank holiday where it rained for two of the three days, and once on a family holiday with a brief visit to Barrel Zawn. So good to get there and have a weekend full of climbing.

Monday - started at Craig Caerfai on Age Concern which had some great climbing and situations, if not being completely devoid of a line. Seconded my mate on Amorican who hasn't climbed in ages and "wasn't really feeling up to VS". Naturally he cruised it which was great to see. Then moved onto Barrel Zawn which was just fab. A lad from London there, plus local activist Tom Luddington who were both kind enough to point out the invisi-holds on Giant Farts. Then did Snake Pass which was blissfully technical and absorbing - nothing at all for the hands at one point, just a mantel on a very near vertical wall. Realised that I was still terrified of falling in the sea (not so much because I thought I was in danger, more that I'm a landlubber with a fear of the unknown/getting wet/getting cold/getting saltwater in my nose) so did some jumping in from the side at a few different heights. Nothing big, but once you've been in once, you realise that it's not really cold at all and it's actually quite a nice experience!

Spent the next day at Carreg-y-Barcud doing some fabulous classics. Ethos, Beyond the Azimuth, Stingray - all absolutely brilliant. Seconded a lad on Kitten Claws and the climbing is absolutely flawless. One of the best wall climbs anywhere. One to lead someday. The crag was fantastically atmospheric. A decent swell meant a constantly threatening sea and at one point there was quite a bit of mist around which just added to everything.

A quick hit at Porth-Clais the next day to tick off Dreamboat Annie before the long drive home.

Bliss. Sheer bliss, I tell you.

andy popp

• forum hero
#6288 Re: YYFY!!!
September 02, 2016, 11:36:42 pm
Day two in Pennsylvania. Out for a short walk I stumbled on a small locals spot just ten minutes from home. Nice!

SA Chris

• forum hero
#6289 Re: YYFY!!!
September 05, 2016, 09:22:13 am
Local's spot for what??

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#6290 Re: YYFY!!!
September 05, 2016, 11:08:49 am
Amazing two weeks in the Dolomites.  Had fun topping out 700m/17 pitches climbing the North West Arete Via Frishc-Corradini and reaching the top of Pala di Rifugio as the sunset then descending in the dark (should have been firmer with mate who thought it would be worthwhile looking for the cemented rings to abseil by headtorch, needle & haystack!).  Via Finlandia at Cinque Torre was great, but the highlight for me was Fissure Buhl on Cima Canali, put up by Hermann Buhl in the 1950s.  We descendied from half-way up pitch 11 (as recommended in the guide to avoid 200m of scambling and the tedious descent of the Normal Route), this was well timed as thunder started rumbling in the hills around us and as we went down so too did the cloud base.  Got to the bottom safe and sound though and the beer and food at Rifuggio Pradidali was delicious that evening (and every other).

Won't bore anyone with pictures but theres some here if anyone is interested.

filz

• addict
#6291 Re: YYFY!!!
September 05, 2016, 11:56:05 am
Nice slackline and great photos!  ;D

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#6292 Re: YYFY!!!
September 05, 2016, 01:39:34 pm
Eye candy. Brilliant. I miss the mountains.

andy popp

• forum hero
#6293 Re: YYFY!!!
September 05, 2016, 03:49:10 pm
Local's spot for what??

Smashing bottles and spraying graffiti primarily but, yeah, some bouldering too.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#6294 Re: YYFY!!!
September 05, 2016, 03:58:30 pm
Oh well, at least you won't miss the Breck then.

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#6295 Re: YYFY!!!
September 05, 2016, 04:32:52 pm
Amazing two weeks in the Dolomites.  Had fun topping out 700m/17 pitches climbing the North West Arete Via Frishc-Corradini and reaching the top of Pala di Rifugio as the sunset then descending in the dark (should have been firmer with mate who thought it would be worthwhile looking for the cemented rings to abseil by headtorch, needle & haystack!).  Via Finlandia at Cinque Torre was great, but the highlight for me was Fissure Buhl on Cima Canali, put up by Hermann Buhl in the 1950s.  We descendied from half-way up pitch 11 (as recommended in the guide to avoid 200m of scambling and the tedious descent of the Normal Route), this was well timed as thunder started rumbling in the hills around us and as we went down so too did the cloud base.  Got to the bottom safe and sound though and the beer and food at Rifuggio Pradidali was delicious that evening (and every other).

Nice corner of the world. We started up the Frisch Corradini a couple of weeks ago but then bailed early in the face of rapidly closing-in weather. Did the descent though as the approach to the Wiessner Kees, and I must say I think I would have preferred darkness on the dodgy and exposed via ferrata section.

The Bettega-Scalet on the Sass d'Ortiga also looks amazing for the terrain it covers considering it only has one VI+ pitch. Must go back and do that one day.

tomtom

• forum hero
#6296 Re: YYFY!!!
September 05, 2016, 04:39:15 pm
Oh well, at least you won't miss the Breck then.

:D

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#6297 Re: YYFY!!!
September 05, 2016, 04:56:22 pm
Nice corner of the world. We started up the Frisch Corradini a couple of weeks ago but then bailed early in the face of rapidly closing-in weather. Did the descent though as the approach to the Wiessner Kees, and I must say I think I would have preferred darkness on the dodgy and exposed via ferrata section.

We woke in mist which didn't clear as we approached the crag, after 10 minutes of delaying my friend suddenly proclaimed "Blue skies!" and the mist was rapidly burnt off by the rising sun to leave a lovely temperature inversion.  Apparently he thinks I'm good at climbing wet rock so i got sent up the first pitch.  Rock didn't really dry until we were on pitch 4 or 5 and pitch 10 and 11 were still wet too.

After deciding not to bother abseiling we wasted an hour traversing around dodgy slabs trying to work out which way to go until we realised that the descent description meant to climb up the gully we had already  descended into (maybe something was lost in translation), which led us to a good ledge taking us round to the descent down Forcella de Mughe.

The Bettega-Scalet on the Sass d'Ortiga also looks amazing for the terrain it covers considering it only has one VI+ pitch. Must go back and do that one day.

Most of the routes up there look brilliant, the slog up the hill isn't very appealing though (was kind of sick of it half-way through the descent).

James Malloch

• forum hero
#6298 Re: YYFY!!!
September 05, 2016, 10:56:11 pm
Just handed my final piece of work in for a professional qualification! Thank fuck for that - a horrible 2 years.

Though after a summer of sitting in every night and not having any weekends it's a bit of an anti climax given everyone is now getting extensions as they left starting it too late. Seems a waste of a summer right now...

Still, least it's over...

Murph

• forum abuser
#6299 Re: YYFY!!!
September 06, 2016, 10:46:05 pm
Second visit to Raven Tor today.
Managed my first "proper" 7A on lime. And my second. And my third and fourth. Also, one of them got a "plus". Possibly my best ever 2 hours bouldering. Felt good.

Maybe, just maybe, another 7B isn't out of the question this year....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal