UKBouldering.com

YYFY!!! (Read 2088582 times)

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#6725 Re: YYFY!!!
August 29, 2017, 04:33:11 pm
Well done Simon. Do more of this sort of thing.

My shoulder has been up and down - as has my mood - but this morning I detected a distinct flicker of activity in the Deltoid. I'd thought the numbness might have been improving the last few days but that's so subjective. Signs the Axillary nerve is coming back to life. YYFY!

Cheers and best of luck with a speedy recovery

Duma

• forum hero
#6726 Re: YYFY!!!
August 29, 2017, 06:33:08 pm
Well done Shark! Sounds like you're inadvertently taking daves advice...
And nice one Chris, pretty much exactly my time when I aimed for two hours!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Nutty

• obsessive maniac
#6727 Re: YYFY!!!
September 05, 2017, 02:32:34 pm
Last night I had my first session on the 45 degree wall I've been building in the garden over the summer. I'm really pleased with it. Incredibly psyched now for more sessions.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#6728 Re: YYFY!!!
September 06, 2017, 05:45:10 pm

And nice one Chris, pretty much exactly my time when I aimed for two hours!

Same big match temperament! although i have a very black big toenail from going hell for leather in the final stretch and all technique going out the window.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#6729 Re: YYFY!!!
September 06, 2017, 08:50:23 pm
As a P.S. I managed my first weighted muscle-ups the other day (+5kg).  :boxing:

That's pretty good. I do three sets of three with a 4kg belt and it hurts! The difference over body weight muscle ups is a shock, when you first try.

DAVETHOMAS90

• forum hero
  • Dave Thomas is an annual climber to 1.7m, with strongly fragrant flowers
  • Don't die with your music still inside you ;)
#6730 Re: YYFY!!!
September 06, 2017, 11:39:17 pm
As a P.S. I managed my first weighted muscle-ups the other day (+5kg).  :boxing:

That's pretty good. I do three sets of three with a 4kg belt and it hurts! The difference over body weight muscle ups is a shock, when you first try.
Hey, thanks Matt  :) Sets at 3 x +4kg sounds pretty bloody good!  :strongbench: Yes, it seems really significant how much more explosive they are. I've been trying to get the static muscle up (false grip), so work the negatives a plenty, high locks, "press-outs" etc. I love it. V close to the static. Top exercise for climbing too. Hope you get back on those routes at Ansteys  :punk:

DAVETHOMAS90

• forum hero
#6731 Re: YYFY!!!
September 06, 2017, 11:43:45 pm
Last night I had my first session on the 45 degree wall I've been building in the garden over the summer. I'm really pleased with it. Incredibly psyched now for more sessions.
  Sounds great! Must feel good to get that sorted and ready to go at  :2thumbsup: Hope you kicked back with a couple of beers, or some such celebration.

AMorris

• obsessive maniac
  • Trying to find form
#6732 Re: YYFY!!!
September 07, 2017, 12:07:25 pm
After a couple of months off for a forearm extensor and A2 pulley injury, I have been slowly training back to full strength which, judging by the last few sessions, I have achieved! If anything I feel stronger than I did pre-tendonfuckery  :2thumbsup:

A couple more months and hopefully I will be able to get back on Diesel Power without fear of recrudescence

Tom Newman

#6733 Re: YYFY!!!
September 11, 2017, 08:58:58 am
A new one at Crafnant for the taller gentlemen

Tom Newman

#6734 Re: YYFY!!!
September 11, 2017, 09:01:36 am
The above was meant to be posted to none quality vids  :oops:

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#6735 Re: YYFY!!!
September 11, 2017, 04:42:29 pm
Ok, I have absolutely to share this, because it's been fucking amazing, out of nowhere and shocking.
Saturday night we were having dinner at a friends' house (wild boar stew with baked potatoes 8), they've just had another baby, 3 months old now, and we were all together in the same room, and playing and chatting a bit with their 3 years old daughter.
So, at some point, I asked her: "Hey but do you remember when you were as little as your sister?"
To which she replied: "Of course I remember!"
So I asked: "And what do you remember?"
And she replied: "That I looked at you and smiled."

At that point I looked around and there were a few puzzled and smiling faces, but I barely managed to hold a couple of big tears of commotion.
I obviously know that she must have created this memory, but goddammit did it feel good. Few times in my life I've been as happy. A majestic moment, a true treasure.

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
#6736 Re: YYFY!!!
September 12, 2017, 11:14:39 am
Part Animal - Part Machine - Part Human  :)

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#6737 Re: YYFY!!!
September 12, 2017, 01:46:01 pm
Part Animal - Part Machine - Part Human  :)
:lol: :lol:

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#6738 Re: YYFY!!!
October 05, 2017, 09:40:26 pm
Non climbing related YYFY, as per normal. But got a phone call today telling me I’ve been offered a permanent job with North Yorkshire County Council, as an Assistant Highways Officer. Stepping stone/foot in the door and a well needed career change from tree work. As much as I love my current job, I’m looking forward to doing less physical work whilst still being predominantly outdoors, and being able to spend more time with family.

All round joy! Feel a bit like I’ve got a proper grown ups job...... (Aged 35......)

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#6739 Re: YYFY!!!
October 28, 2017, 05:43:02 pm
Temps are dropping (only 18 degrees today...), psyche is rising.
Despite my troubled left elbow, after some rest from the BM and the board, today I managed to one arm the 1,5 flat edge in my garage. Did 4 sets. Left arm was just about it, probably 1,5" but was quite scared about my elbow. Right arm was powerful and added 5 kg on the last set. Brilliant stuff.
"When you shoot well, shoot a lot!" says Lenny Bassham, so then I did my usual session on the 1 cm edge at 90%, and it felt oh so fucking easy.
Who needs climbing when you have two small pieces of wood in your garage?
YYFY.

measles23

• stalker
#6740 Re: YYFY!!!
October 29, 2017, 09:10:03 am
Sounds like your head's back in the game nibs, which is just as well seeing how many of the rest of us feed off your psyche!
Wad for regaining training psyche..

kelvin

• forum hero
#6741 Re: YYFY!!!
October 29, 2017, 11:34:15 am
Nice one Nibs  :clap2:

I finally got a diagnosis on Friday of what's been causing the left shoulder general weakness and 'impingement' issues -  calcific tendonitis of the rotator cuff.

The physio thinks that surgery can definitely be avoided and there's zero point in anti-flams of any sort as it been an issue I guess for three years at least and almost certainly down to repetitive work actions and then made worse by climbing and ignoring the warnings signs. By the time I started to do anything about it is was too late and he not so laughingly called the area 'dead'.
I had initial shockwave therapy on Friday and going forwards he's shown me how and where to manipulate the tendon in the hope of encouraging regeneration. hopefully it will all come good for next summer. Forwards instead of treading water is how it feels and as a bonus, it seems I now have fairly good mobility of the scapulae and thoracic. Still lots to do tho.

The only negative is I go to Font for a month on Tuesday but hey, there are worse places to do rehab and mobility sessions  :)

I'm happy.

DAVETHOMAS90

• forum hero
#6742 Re: YYFY!!!
October 29, 2017, 05:11:34 pm
Great work Lore  :boxing:

Almost as inspiring as Angy Eiter's Instagram pic. Arms  :o

Agree with everyone about your contribution of psyche.

Kelvin, good to hear about the diagnosis. You've been battling this and other injuries for ages. Hope the trip to Font is a good one. Hope to join you sometime..
Enjoy the coffee and pastries.

:thumbsup:

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#6743 Re: YYFY!!!
October 29, 2017, 10:47:52 pm
Cheers guys, I really appreciate.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#6744 Re: YYFY!!!
November 07, 2017, 09:34:30 am
just booked a gite near Font for 2 weeks at Easter

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#6745 Re: YYFY!!!
December 05, 2017, 11:03:03 am
Yesterday I didn't have enough time to put in a fingerboarding session, so I took a deep breath and did some tests: manage to hang my 10 (9) mm edge for 5" with 40 kg added. Previous time was around 1,5".
YYFY!
I know that this could mostly be due from temps dropping from 27 degrees of my previous test to 5, but it still felt quite good. Shame about my elbow: I felt that I could have hung it for longer but it was becoming very uncomfortable.
Video here:

Luke Owens

• forum hero
    • My Blog
#6746 Re: YYFY!!!
December 05, 2017, 12:05:56 pm
10 (9) mm edge for 5" with 40 kg added.

Lore you absolute beast.

The psyche is high!

Wadded

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#6747 Re: YYFY!!!
December 06, 2017, 01:45:18 pm
Cheers Luke! 
 :-[

erm, sam

• forum hero
#6748 Re: YYFY!!!
December 06, 2017, 04:45:58 pm
just booked a gite near Font for 2 weeks at Easter

Amen to this! SamT and myself will be sharing a gite right next to the Trois Pignon with our familys next Easter. 4 months and approx 42 training sessions to go..

petejh

• forum hero
#6749 Re: YYFY!!!
December 27, 2017, 07:05:53 pm
Bit of a long one..
Have been feeling thoroughly miserable at the end of 2017 following a relationship  breakdown, so decided last minute to treat myself to a week in Albarracin over Xmas to get away from everything. .
Arrived in Barcelona yesterday, picked up the hire car and started the drive. Following a halfway stop at a services I returned to the car to find someone had stolen my rucksack from the back seat - I must not have locked the car when I thought I had?! 
In my virtually new lowe-alpine rucksack, worth 100-odd quid: my albarracin guidebook, my anasazi whites, chalkbag, my passport, 350 euros in cash, my rab gillet, an old red goretex shell I liked to use on winter mixed routes, my down sleeping bag, and - almost most distressingly of all - my brand new copy of Ed Douglas’ ‘Magician’s Mirror’ that I’d bought myself as a present and was looking forward to for holiday reading.
I couldn’t believe my luck. I must have only been gone from the car for 5 minutes tops; the thief must have been in/out like a flash. Feliz Navidad you scumbags.

I railed at the universe for dealing me such a totally shit hand at a time when I already felt like shit and was just trying to feel better.

So why the YYFY?
Luckily at least I had some old shoes in my other bag so I could still climb.
Now I’m just back from a great first day’s bouldering in beautiful surroundings. Albarracin’s beautiful, the climbing’s mint, conditions are perfect and I’ve got a big smile all over my face! I can absorb the loss it doesn’t really matter.
It always amazes me - the transformative power that simple movement over rock has to rejuvenate the spirit! Especially in amazing new surroundings.
I’m so glad I’m a climber! 😁😁😁

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal