UKBouldering.com

Tendonitis (Read 4071 times)

screwyouI'mfromderby

• regular
Tendonitis
July 22, 2003, 11:35:27 am
any secret remedies for poorly arms.

eating lizards is about my limit, everything else is in.

ta.

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#1 Tendonitis
July 22, 2003, 11:38:44 am
Glucosamine Sulphate!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#2 Tendonitis
July 22, 2003, 11:39:23 am
RICE

Rest
Ice
Compression
Elevation

With rest and ice being the two main ones I reckon. Oh, and warmup for much longer than you think you should.

hongkongstuey

• forum hero
    • http://www.hongkongclimbing.com
#3 Re: Tendonitis
July 23, 2003, 01:32:50 am
Quote from: "screwyouI'mfromderby"
any secret remedies for poorly arms.

eating lizards is about my limit, everything else is in.

ta.

if its elbows you're on about - which most likely it is - the common advice seems to be 3--6 weeks rest followed by rehab exercises (wrist curls and rotations seem to be the most widely recommended)

of course, the glucosamine and RICE will also help

screwyouI'mfromderby

• regular
#4 Tendonitis
July 23, 2003, 01:00:54 pm
got some of that Glucosamine stuff from Sainsbury's . It's a 3 a day course - 60 tabs in a bottle and they were on sale - 50p each!

can't climb over the next two weeks at least, so I'll have a proper chance to get the fitness up.

the pain runs from the back of the shoulder right down to the back of the hand at various times. Concentrated mainly in the back the tricep and top of the monocep. It might be related to nerve problems, but those tendons have taken a beating recently, yeeoow.

typing all day doesn't help either.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#5 Tendonitis
July 23, 2003, 01:30:08 pm
typing all day doesn't help either.

I know this isn't connected to your problem, but I always found typing all day screwed my forearm tendons completely until I got a wrist rest and suddenly all was sorted.

hongkongstuey

• forum hero
    • http://www.hongkongclimbing.com
#6 Tendonitis
July 24, 2003, 02:20:09 am
the pain runs from the back of the shoulder right down to the back of the hand at various times. Concentrated mainly in the back the tricep and top of the monocep. It might be related to nerve problems, but those tendons have taken a beating recently, yeeoow.

that doesn't sound good - i'd pray for rain if i was you and have a bit more than a few weeks off - the amount of times i've had a couple of weeks off only to start again and the pain to quickly to reappear is too many count, finally realised it takes more like 4-6 weeks for things to start recovering properly

Daniel

• player
#7 Tendonitis
September 16, 2003, 02:47:09 pm
Ive had loads of tendonitis over the past 3 years, and have had 2 ops in the last year to cure it... All looking good now (thankfully). Shoulders if you're interested...

Anti-inflammatories are always a good one. Ibuprofen is the most obvious, although I find this doesnt do much for me. Im not sure if its because Ive taken it for a while, but other anti-inflammatories work miles better for me. (diclofenac).

Maybe its something worth looking into?

Daniel

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal