UKBouldering.com

Karma Comments and graded list (Read 41533 times)

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#75 Re: Karma Comments and graded list
February 19, 2016, 01:36:55 pm
I want to know about the swan. Did it deserve it?

Mumra

#76 Re: Karma Comments and graded list
February 19, 2016, 01:42:20 pm

Offwidth

• forum hero
    • Offwidth
#77 Re: Karma Comments and graded list
February 20, 2016, 11:33:16 am
There are so few women here I'm surprised someone hasn't asked for you to have a proof of gender appointment with a female doctor pal of one of the mods... anyhow thanks for the clip... women belong in UKB (but submarines might take more time).

dave

#78 Re: Karma Comments and graded list
February 20, 2016, 01:32:45 pm
Of course when you say "so few women here" you mean you assume everyone is a bloke......probably a partially correct assumption but an assumption all the same. Bearing mind we don't ask users to declare gender at all.

Offwidth

• forum hero
    • Offwidth
#79 Re: Karma Comments and graded list
February 25, 2016, 02:01:22 pm
mmmm!? Ripping Yarns comes to mind

"The Curse of the Claw" Maidenhead, 1926  25 October 1977

In a dark and stormy night, Sir Kevin Orr is visited by a bunch of strange men: Captain Merson (Keith Smith) leading an expedition to the Naga Hills of Burma with a few natives in tow. ...... Kevin runs away with the Claw. He becomes captain of the Greasy Bastard, a small ship carrying rubber goods between England and Burma. But the Curse starts to operate on him, and he finds himself attracted to the Chief Petty Officer Russell (Judy Loe). After some agonising, he discovers that Russell is a woman and that in fact nearly all members of the crew are. The voyage becomes a paradise and they don't want it to end when they reach Burma. ....

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#80 Re: Karma Comments and graded list
May 23, 2016, 02:48:16 am
I like Mumra.

I don't.

Mumra has taken a dislike to me. I have not, to my knowledge, engaged her in any debate on the forum and yet have had to take a good deal of shit from her.
From being referred to as "Oldmantwat" in a thread I wasn't even part of, to random puntering.

Mumra, I have had and continue to have, enough shit to put up with in real life. I don't need or wish to abuse, insult or fight with anyone on here.
I think it's pretty sad that you do.

So, punter away, lob a few more insults at a stranger you've never met or spoken to; this is all the response you deserve.

Have a nice day.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
    • Unknown Stones
#81 Re: Karma Comments and graded list
May 23, 2016, 03:14:04 pm
I wouldn't stir yourself up about it, Matt. Every time I meet someone off UKB (or even someone who just lurks on UKB!) the first thing they ask me is, "Who's Mumra? And why do they hate you so much?"   :lol:

In fact Mike Cheque wouldn't let me be in his sea cliff film because of my hideous mushroom shaped head  ;)

Footwork

• forum abuser
  • Living With Wads
    • Living With Wads
#82 Re: Karma Comments and graded list
May 23, 2016, 03:22:46 pm

In fact Mike Cheque wouldn't let me be in his sea cliff film because of my hideous mushroom shaped head  ;)

Rightly so!  :tease:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#83 Re: Karma Comments and graded list
May 23, 2016, 11:09:38 pm
What's been going on here since I've been away?! This shit is unseemly...

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#84 Re: Karma Comments and graded list
May 24, 2016, 08:13:44 am
Hey Mumra.

Have a nice day being a sad prat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#85 Re: Karma Comments and graded list
May 24, 2016, 09:18:52 am
Actually, Mumra has full moderator support. I've been told that if I respond to her I will be penalised. So she has free reign to be abusive and offensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#86 Re: Karma Comments and graded list
May 24, 2016, 09:21:44 am
And there I was wondering "Where the fuck is Jasper".....

(seriously, I was....)

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#87 Re: Karma Comments and graded list
May 24, 2016, 10:52:21 am
Actually, Mumra has full moderator support. I've been told that if I respond to her I will be penalised. So she has free reign to be abusive and offensive.

Matt - that is not what I said. Can we keep this in PMs please

Will Hunt

• forum hero
    • Unknown Stones
#88 Re: Karma Comments and graded list
May 24, 2016, 10:59:16 am

Matt - that is not what I said. Can we keep this in PMs please

Does that mean we all have to individually PM Matt to find out what the goss is?

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#89 Re: Karma Comments and graded list
May 24, 2016, 11:25:57 am

By that I assume you mean that a moderator (not me) has reminded you that the no tit for tat karma thing applies to everyone. There are plenty of other ways to respond to Mumra. I very much doubt anyone has implied you would be penalised for responding in other ways, for instance by PM.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#90 Re: Karma Comments and graded list
May 24, 2016, 11:55:33 am
There are plenty of other ways to respond to Mumra. I very much doubt anyone has implied you would be penalised for responding in other ways, for instance by PM.

I was puntered when I  PM'd  Mumra and was accused of being abusive, despite the benign content of the message which if I remember correctly* was suggesting that the Karma was perhaps being misused and that everyone can choose to "Ignore" individual users.  I therefore employed the later myself.

* The message has disappeared, I guess because the other participant deleted the thread.

Durbs

• forum hero
#91 Re: Karma Comments and graded list
May 24, 2016, 12:33:22 pm
Can we instead rename it to "Korma" and it therefore implies an abundance or lack of people you'd like to take out for a curry?

Mumra

#92 Re: Karma Comments and graded list
May 24, 2016, 05:29:39 pm

You're very welcome to PM me if that helps get your knickers out of a twist, I've no idea why you shouldn't. Just to set the record straight don't hate you or even dislike you. Neither do I dislike Will, I was just winding him up a little (sorry x) until he gave up getting pissed. It's only a fake karma after all
What I was ribbing you about Matt was you being so butt hurt and whining on the forum when people disagree or find objection in what you say or do. Plenty of other people deal with lots of shit in their life and just because they don't write about it on here doesn't give you the right to keep bringing up the shit times you've had (which I'm sorry you've had to go through) as a reason not to rib you. 
I come here to get away from those things, learn something new, converse with like minded twats etc. It's a wide church so don't expect everyone to pray at your altar

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#93 Re: Karma Comments and graded list
May 24, 2016, 06:17:37 pm
Can we instead rename it to "Korma" and it therefore implies an abundance or lack of people you'd like to take out for a curry?

I was going to wad you for this, but the facility seems to have been removed (from me at least)

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#94 Re: Karma Comments and graded list
May 24, 2016, 06:18:04 pm

You're very welcome to PM me if that helps get your knickers out of a twist, I've no idea why you shouldn't. Just to set the record straight don't hate you or even dislike you. Neither do I dislike Will, I was just winding him up a little (sorry x) until he gave up getting pissed. It's only a fake karma after all
What I was ribbing you about Matt was you being so butt hurt and whining on the forum when people disagree or find objection in what you say or do. Plenty of other people deal with lots of shit in their life and just because they don't write about it on here doesn't give you the right to keep bringing up the shit times you've had (which I'm sorry you've had to go through) as a reason not to rib you. 
I come here to get away from those things, learn something new, converse with like minded twats etc. It's a wide church so don't expect everyone to pray at your altar

And I wasn't referring to "that" either and haven't for a long time; certainly never as a reason to justify any opinion on my part. Saying I have had/have too much in my life to worry about you, would not have had that connotation without your knowledge of my past. It would have been taken at face value, as I intended it to be.
It also turned out to be incorrect.

Where I do refer to those events or any others, it's within the context of that thread; where I hope to help someone else.

Not at all sure how that relates to me lamenting 3-9's language in a Facebook post (bearing in mind I didn't even connect Neter with 3-9 until later).
I only whine when I argue with Dense.
Because he loves it so.

This is where you really got into your stride:

Hard to see how that relates to your comments. Or any of the other occasions actually.
No, you are a troll. You are not "ribbing", you target. Pursuing Will until he gave up? Did you get a little frisson of excitement? Is this what you live for?

You think I need knocking down a peg or two because I dare to call you out on your trolling?

Mumra

#95 Re: Karma Comments and graded list
May 24, 2016, 06:44:04 pm
Not at all, I don't care what you think at all. You're not that important
I could have called you out for claiming to have climbed 8a (which someone did) and then you admitted later to lying about the ascent. But I didn't. Oh wait a second I just did

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#96 Re: Karma Comments and graded list
May 24, 2016, 06:49:19 pm
I wondered about that justifying my opinions thing that Mumra claimed. I've re-read around 400 of my latest posts and can't find anything. If I have used an expectation of pity against anyone, please let me know. Seriously.

Apart from Dense, on the 3-9 thing, I can't even find an example of me arguing with anyone and I wasn't that serious about that.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#97 Re: Karma Comments and graded list
May 24, 2016, 06:59:30 pm
Not at all, I don't care what you think at all. You're not that important
I could have called you out for claiming to have climbed 8a (which someone did) and then you admitted later to lying about the ascent. But I didn't. Oh wait a second I just did

No I didn't. I said I climbed Biceps Power at Can Bouquet. I detailed the time it took and how I went about it, including missing a hold that would have made it easier, that I thought was out. I have also repeatedly described myself as a "7A" climber, because I  think there is a massive difference between rehearsing and repeating the same moves until you get it right. I also pointed out that it was a power problem on big underclings, that suited me.

I don't keep a score card, or even care much if you believe me or not and have certainly never videoed myself climbing.

Anything else?

tomtom

• forum hero
#98 Re: Karma Comments and graded list
May 24, 2016, 07:10:25 pm

I was going to wad you for this, but the facility seems to have been removed (from me at least)

46 minutes before anyone noticed  :)

Ever seen the Purge? Let's have Karma disabled save for one day when for 24 hours anything goes!!!

tomtom

• forum hero
#99 Re: Karma Comments and graded list
May 24, 2016, 07:11:40 pm

You need to curry more flavour with the IO's. They're probably worried about any argie bhaji that might go on.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal