UKBouldering.com

Proper Wad Ticks (Read 111249 times)

grimer

• forum hero
#225 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
January 26, 2009, 10:23:56 pm
And such as the power iof the web is, Will, you're probably more famous than any of us  :)

BenF

• forum hero
#226 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
January 27, 2009, 08:19:32 am
And such as the power of the web is, Will, you're probably more famous than any of us  :)

Quite.  Who are you anyway?  You remind me of some dodgy bloke who hangs out in a Formule1 carpark.

grimer

• forum hero
#227 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
January 27, 2009, 09:32:12 am
I find you meet a higher class of individual in those special places.

BenF

• forum hero
#228 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
January 27, 2009, 09:33:52 am
The exception proves the rule I suppose.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#229 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
January 28, 2009, 12:32:12 am
Here we see a very lucky, young Twid getting the chance to join a mountaineering legend at the top of the Walker Spur

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#230 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
January 28, 2009, 01:00:57 am
Ah, yes. Here we see that thin bloke from Barnsley, Andy Cave, on his awesome wad-tick of a day whilst he is lowered into the Cosmiques Couloir by The Mighty Lagers. The idea was to get some good photos for Cavey's sponsors, but his supermodel body doesn't show off mountaineering clothing at its best.

We did have a lovely descent though  :thumbsup: thick crust that broke with aggressive turns and proper soft underneath.

andy popp

• forum hero
#231 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
October 06, 2012, 04:45:37 pm
Cubby, Schipol airport this afternoon. Pleasingly random.

tesla

• addict
  • long mover
#232 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
October 06, 2012, 07:42:14 pm
Hm, not sure how I missed this thread. I think I've got a few that can hold their own:

- I have various hexes that used to belong to Don Whillans (we almost bought his house off his Widow when I moved to N Wales as a kid).
- Got spotted by my childhood hero Ben Moon once in Parisella's when I was about 14; I never pulled so hard in my life.

More recently:

- Whilst climbing in the Buttermilks earlier this year with my daughter, we ran into Alex Honnold under Go Granny Go, who claimed he was there 'to learn how to boulder'.
- Most old skool wad tick: I seem to regularly bump into Eric Beck in The Happies. I think he likes to go and do a circuit there around 6pm every night.

tesla

• addict
  • long mover
#233 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
October 06, 2012, 07:49:00 pm
oh, and once watched Paul Piana do The Pain, The Pain It Hurts so Good round the Orme.

Jack.G

• regular
#234 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
October 06, 2012, 08:17:40 pm
While moving between boulders at Portlethen I rounded a corner to find Dave Mac a not stone throw away, full-on view of him taking a wizz. He was, and still is, the pinncale of my inspiration so I was instanlty dazed and couldn't quite take in what I was seeing. Head-down, keep on walking.

5mins later he crushed and downgraded Kayla

mark20

• junky
#235 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
October 06, 2012, 08:37:28 pm
A couple of years ago I was trying to hitch back to Sheffield from Calver, when a beat up Vauxhall came skidding to halt and Jonny Dawes poked his head out of the window and said "I hope you're not a nervous passenger!". Nice guy, and a quick journey home!

ianv

• forum abuser
#236 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
October 06, 2012, 09:00:21 pm
I got some good techno ticks when I was friendly with the orbit crew: Met Afrika Bambatta at the Love Parade, Sven Vath paid my bar tab at the Omen,  Marco Zaffarano told me about his Ketamine experiences and West Bam offered me some crack  :o

Doylo

• forum hero
#237 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
October 06, 2012, 09:12:59 pm
While moving between boulders at Portlethen I rounded a corner to find Dave Mac a not stone throw away, full-on view of him taking a wizz. He was, and still is, the pinncale of my inspiration so I was instanlty dazed and couldn't quite take in what I was seeing. Head-down, keep on walking.

How big was his dick?

Wood FT

• forum hero
#238 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
October 07, 2012, 09:36:46 am

How big was his dick?

Doylo, the Paxman of UKB asking the questions we need to know

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#239 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
October 07, 2012, 09:55:40 am
Only just discovered this thread.

I was at Manchester Uni at the same time as Johnny so saw him in the bar regularly, but had forgotten, until I recently dug my old copy of Paul Williams Snowdonia Guide out of a box in an attic, that I actually did a route with him: seconded him up the Plum at Tremadog in pouring rain in February '84, apparently.

On another wet weekend in Wales, was en route from Pete's to Eric's and gave Andy Pollitt & Basher a lift on their way to try Strawberries.

And to top it all, if my sciatica attack clears up in time, next weekend I'm going climbing in the Frankenjura with the brother of the president of the BMC!

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#240 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
October 07, 2012, 10:04:16 am
Oh, and last summer in Zillertal purchased aspirin the  the pharmacy belonging to Luggi Rieser, who isn't well known outside the German-speaking world but damn well ought to be: trad 8a+ ground-up on the Marmolada in the 80s, for example. True Wad.

Just down the road from Peter Habeler's office too.

remus

• forum hero
#241 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
October 07, 2012, 04:50:27 pm
A few months ago I belayed a mate who dropped his flesh tube/tunnel on Simon Nadin. Bit of an esoteric tick.

mark s

• junky
#242 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
October 07, 2012, 05:06:48 pm
for a minute i thought a flesh tube was one of those things single men have for whacking their johnson inside.

was good to see m boyson and rab at the roaches today.anyone who has got stuck on trango is a real climber

Baron

• obsessive maniac
#243 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
October 07, 2012, 07:04:18 pm

How big was his dick?

I just shat my pants. Have some wad.

DaveC

• junky
  • Old skool...with emphasis on the "old".
#244 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
October 08, 2012, 12:24:43 pm
Went shopping for tights with Wolfgang Gullich.  He bought the red and white striped pair he wore in the photo of him soloing Weedkiller.
It's a tiny world really. Back in '85 I was asked to pick up some lycras for Herr Gullich when I was down in Melbourne working one week. They were also red & white striped:

He was doing those laps on Power, Corruption & Lies on my rope as well IIRC!
Also bouldered with Stefan Glowacz at Arapiles in '86, got beta from John Bachar on a route at Joshua Tree and was laughed at by Lynn Hill & friend while making a rather undignified retreat from some 5.11 roof in Eldorado Canyon (trousers split as I pulled around the lip..... :-[)

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#245 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
October 08, 2012, 12:34:30 pm
I was dropped by Peter Croft whilst out climbing with Lynn Hill. Turns out he wasn't so used to sport climbing ;D

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#246 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
January 21, 2016, 12:50:24 pm
Thought this thread might be worth reviving given the success of the "non climbing wad ticks" thread at the moment...

bigironhorse

• junky
    • YouTube
#247 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
January 21, 2016, 01:12:51 pm
A few years ago I topped out Grim Wall Direct at tremadog to find Alex Megos and strong german crew sat at the top watching Felix Neumarker latch the finishing hold on strawberries. Megos shouts "felix, teak thee farl" and he jumps off and ends up somewhere near the belayer..

dave

#248 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
January 21, 2016, 01:15:27 pm
Did someone say Megos?

T_B

• forum hero
#249 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
January 21, 2016, 01:46:50 pm
i met louis theroux on saturday night. regardez moi.

My mate from Eyam is Theroux' doppleganger.. He made an appearance as Louis in one of those daft UKC 'Famous People Who Climb ?' threads following a Saturday with me at The Roaches.

Who's that then? Didn't know I had two.

(Soz, quite funny looking back through this thread... and remembering watching Wild at Heart with Glen Robbins in a small cottage in N Wales. When I was 16)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal