UKBouldering.com

Non-Quality Bouldering Videos (Read 1922154 times)

Kingy

• forum hero
#5775 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
January 08, 2018, 07:37:10 pm
Sorry Dan :slap:, long day at work  :ohmy:

tomtom

• forum hero
#5776 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
January 08, 2018, 08:18:14 pm

turnipturned

• forum abuser
#5777 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
January 08, 2018, 10:56:59 pm

Hey Dave,

Don't worries Ted, my fault for making you land on your head at Kilnsey  ;D Hope you are healing up well.

If anyone goes this week, let me know if it dried at all, pretty psyched.

JackAus

• junky
#5778 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
January 10, 2018, 08:12:06 am
Looks wicked that. Sounds more like an "S" line than a DWS line though!

Yeah that's how I treated it! Got it in to my head that falling or jumping off wasn't an option....

Looks great Jack

Cheers!

turnipturned

• forum abuser
#5779 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
January 17, 2018, 08:19:16 pm
5 boulders from Yorkshire (following on from This is Yorkshire). Hope you enjoy!

*I know this sounds a bit lame, but be great if you can subscribe, youtube are taking away some features if you don't have 1k subs  ::)

36chambers

• forum hero
#5780 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
January 19, 2018, 04:53:07 pm
*I know this sounds a bit lame, but be great if you can subscribe, youtube are taking away some features if you don't have 1k subs  ::)

If you uploaded some Font footage (or even Magic wood or Rocklands) onto your youtube channel I'm sure that'll pull in lots of views and hopefully new subscribers :)

edit: you could even have a feature called The Archives where you upload old clips every now and then.

turnipturned

• forum abuser
#5781 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
January 21, 2018, 08:25:45 pm
Yeah maybe, but I do try not to bombard people with the same shit. Food for thought.

Here is another video:

Took a punt on a good forecast and went to Bowden, really wanted to try The rail. I can confirm is extremely hard and well impressive achievement for Varian. Anyone else tried it? (Couple of other bits of footage including Born Lippy and V crimps direct)

monkoffunk

• forum abuser
  • sponsored by 90% lindt and vitamin D
#5782 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
January 21, 2018, 09:56:17 pm
Looks extremely thin!

highrepute

• forum hero
  • Blah
#5783 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
January 22, 2018, 01:02:43 pm
Yeah maybe, but I do try not to bombard people with the same shit. Food for thought.

Here is another video:

Took a punt on a good forecast and went to Bowden, really wanted to try The rail. I can confirm is extremely hard and well impressive achievement for Varian. Anyone else tried it? (Couple of other bits of footage including Born Lippy and V crimps direct)

Thanks for sharing Dan. Love those full days out.

Having a wee think about your drive to increase subscribers. You could see if UKC will feature one of your vlogs. They have a lot of exposure.

I've studied a few of the popular climbing vlogs (magnus, Mani the Monkey (wtf!?), Matt Groom). Based on their popular videos I've got these suggestions for future videos. Training tips for beginners, a one armed muscle up, be a 9b beast, name drop some famous climbers in your title

- take your top off a lot and do a video called Two Girls One Armed Pullup (unbelievably this title hasn't been used yet). And do all this without selling out.

You're welcome.

andy_e

• forum hero
#5784 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
January 22, 2018, 01:37:30 pm
Any excuse to bring that classic out. "Bozadan" has long been a hero of mine.

turnipturned

• forum abuser
#5785 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
January 22, 2018, 02:08:18 pm

Thanks for sharing Dan. Love those full days out.

Having a wee think about your drive to increase subscribers. You could see if UKC will feature one of your vlogs. They have a lot of exposure.

I've studied a few of the popular climbing vlogs (magnus, Mani the Monkey (wtf!?), Matt Groom). Based on their popular videos I've got these suggestions for future videos. Training tips for beginners, a one armed muscle up, be a 9b beast, name drop some famous climbers in your title

- take your top off a lot and do a video called Two Girls One Armed Pullup (unbelievably this title hasn't been used yet). And do all this without selling out.

You're welcome.

Thanks bud, appreciate it.

Yes, its a bit of a funny one, i don't really want to come across as annoying and push things in peoples faces. Regarding the training ones, I have done a couple, but I watch them back and find them pretty cringey. I also cant do any fancy training tricks, its a very good day if I can do a one armer!

monkoffunk

• forum abuser
  • sponsored by 90% lindt and vitamin D
#5786 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
January 22, 2018, 02:08:58 pm
Any film star friends? Seems to be helpful.

AMorris

• obsessive maniac
  • Trying to find form
#5787 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
January 23, 2018, 12:50:21 pm
its a very good day if I can do a one armer!

I find that hard to believe! Loving your videos Dan, keep them coming!

highrepute

• forum hero
  • Blah
#5788 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
January 23, 2018, 01:20:39 pm
Regarding the training ones, I have done a couple, but I watch them back and find them pretty cringey.

I didn't find them cringey at all, but equally I'd never be able to do one myself. The board session one was good and I've even put your structure into practise. The core workout you mentioned previously would be interesting to see. Keep it up!

Durbs

• forum hero
#5789 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
January 23, 2018, 01:23:07 pm

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber

Danny

• junky
#5791 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
January 26, 2018, 12:23:57 pm
Your stuff is good Dan—I hope you get over the 1k mark. On the topic of youtube and climbing, the recent explosion of filming everyday stuff at the wall type channels is interesting. They seem to be incredibly popular, and although I don't count myself as a snob WRT the great indoors (it is great), titles like 'Today the krew is climbing outside' bemuse me.

I assume it's possible to make at least a little money if you've in the order of 10s of thousands of views per day. Is that the goal you have in mind?

turnipturned

• forum abuser
#5792 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
January 26, 2018, 04:07:36 pm
Your stuff is good Dan—I hope you get over the 1k mark. On the topic of youtube and climbing, the recent explosion of filming everyday stuff at the wall type channels is interesting. They seem to be incredibly popular, and although I don't count myself as a snob WRT the great indoors (it is great), titles like 'Today the krew is climbing outside' bemuse me.

I assume it's possible to make at least a little money if you've in the order of 10s of thousands of views per day. Is that the goal you have in mind?

Thanks appreciate it.

No not really. Funny, had this conversation with a few people, "whats my motivation for making these videos". It is certainly not about making money (I have a good job that I absolutely love and equally as enthusiastic about).

I just want to document British rock climbing (bouldering) better and also the kind of process you have to go through to climb hard (ish) boulders in the UK. I found myself getting into the mindset that climbing hard is only for elite and professional climbers who have 'more time' etc. Actually its not, its the one thing that really makes climbing/bouldering unique as a performance sport, that there is nothing stopping anyone from trying the same problems as professionals or getting to that level (especially in terms of rock climbing).

Its sounds a bit clique but if I can inspire people to get out there, do more, try harder then thats awesome. I would feel like I have contributed a bit more to the sport.

duncan

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#5793 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
January 26, 2018, 04:33:17 pm
I just want to document British rock climbing (bouldering) better and also the kind of process you have to go through to climb hard (ish) boulders in the UK. I found myself getting into the mindset that climbing hard is only for elite and professional climbers who have 'more time' etc. Actually its not, its the one thing that really makes climbing/bouldering unique as a performance sport, that there is nothing stopping anyone from trying the same problems as professionals or getting to that level (especially in terms of rock climbing).

Its sounds a bit cliched but if I can inspire people to get out there, do more, try harder then thats awesome. I would feel like I have contributed a bit more to the sport.

I'm a complete bouldering punter but I do enjoy these videos. Inspiration to try harder. I thought the Bowden one was epecially good but that was as I've been there quite recently. Tangentially, The Rail looks incredible.

Danny

• junky
#5794 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
January 26, 2018, 06:49:39 pm

Thanks appreciate it.

No not really. Funny, had this conversation with a few people, "whats my motivation for making these videos". It is certainly not about making money (I have a good job that I absolutely love and equally as enthusiastic about).

Its sounds a bit clique but if I can inspire people to get out there, do more, try harder then thats awesome. I would feel like I have contributed a bit more to the sport.

Good to hear. I think a little coin would be a nice bonus, since you're putting the effort in on the reg. I guesstimate (based on this site https://influencermarketinghub.com/youtube-money-calculator/) that Mitbo might be getting something like $5 K PA, tops? Which is nice if true, but hardly a living. Perhaps someone who knows about youtubey things can correct me if I'm wrong.

You should make your titles click-baity, film people punting about at The Works now and then, and see the views roll in. Just kidding. Keep doing what you're doing.

Wood FT

• forum hero
#5795 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
January 26, 2018, 06:52:01 pm
I think the vids are great Dan and I've just subscribed, something I've never done. Keep it up.

PipeSmoke

• menacing presence
#5796 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
January 26, 2018, 08:16:57 pm
The documenting of your days out are really easy to watch and good quality footage . Good work

grimer

• forum hero
#5797 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
January 26, 2018, 11:17:44 pm
Yes I enjoy lots of these videos, and have subscribed.

Luke Owens

• forum hero
    • My Blog
#5798 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
January 26, 2018, 11:40:06 pm
Dan, as I've said before I really enjoy and look forward to the videos every week, love the laid back but equally as psyched vibe going on, ace.

Were you going to do a video on core training?

Cheers

measles23

• stalker
#5799 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
January 27, 2018, 12:06:48 pm
I think the vids are great Dan and I've just subscribed, something I've never done. Keep it up.

Ditto

As a punter its hard to appreciate what goes into operating at the higher levels, and easy to dismiss top performers as genetically gifted/morphologically advantaged etc, esp as most films just show the send, not the agony of the hundred failed attempts beforehand..

Keep them coming

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal