UKBouldering.com

Dry in all Weather... (Read 16396 times)

webbo

• forum hero
#25 Dry in all Weather...
March 10, 2006, 12:28:51 pm
Quote from: "andi_e"
Fucking hell, it's pising down again-
tut,tut should'nt that be double S.

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#26 Re: Dry in all Weather...
July 31, 2012, 10:00:23 pm
Just rediscovered this old thread while searching for rainy day options. Thought it might be useful to add these locations to the wiki. It's a little out of date though, lots of new venues have become popular in the last few years - any suggestions for other dry in the rain spots?

http://ukbouldering.com/wiki/index.php/Dry_in_the_Rain

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#27 Re: Dry in all Weather...
August 01, 2012, 08:48:23 am
Leotard Legend
Prob under Spanish Fly roof at Gardoms
Filthy Crag Q whilst not rainproof it’s super quick drying and sheltered from light showers due to tree cover.
All steep lime venues once dry – Conie’s Dale, Dog’s Dinner, Nuda’s, Blackwell Dale, Squirrel Buttress, Dirtlow(!), Andronicus Cave, Anston, Pleasley, etc.

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#28 Re: Dry in all Weather...
August 01, 2012, 11:00:03 am
On the North Wales side: I was climbing on Drive By wall (40m right of Pill Box Wall on Marine Drive) last night - it was raining for over an hour but the rock stayed completely dry throughout. The cave was minging and condensed out when I drove past but the rock here, apart from the odd hold, was not greasy at all.

Aside from the neglected Drive By traverse (which is ace and pretty tough - perhaps 7B+?) there are several good up lines and sitters - all of which can be interlinked etc.

http://www.northwalesbouldering.com/newsitem.asp?nsid=602

I did another good 6Cish sds right of and into the same final move of Keep Forgettin'.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 11:07:58 am by Pantontino »

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#29 Re: Dry in all Weather...
August 01, 2012, 08:09:24 pm
Hobson moor - back wall traverse and problems there on, stays dry in rain as long as its not seeping

Coops_13

• forum hero
    • YouTube
#30 Re: Dry in all Weather...
September 29, 2016, 11:19:50 am
Thought I'd post here rather than starting a new thread. Off to the peak this weekend, Saturday looks like a wash-out.

Considering a bit of churnet and maybe a bit of peak lime that will be dry. Obviously the tor/stoney are options.

I was just wondering if crag x and beginner's wall/red or dead area would stay dry in the deluge?

Murph

• forum abuser
#31 Re: Dry in all Weather...
September 29, 2016, 11:30:00 am
If this question is "do they stay dry in the rain unless otherwise already wet from seepage or condensation"? Then the answer is "yes definitely for beginners and probably but not as likely for RoD".

(However, if this question is "were they in good condition yesterday and the day before?" Then the answer is "no go to rubicon instead. might get better, I don't know, post something on the conditions threads as well?")

Hope this helps.

Coops_13

• forum hero
    • YouTube
#32 Re: Dry in all Weather...
September 29, 2016, 12:08:37 pm
haha, fair enough. cheers

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal