UKBouldering.com

F-ing amazing drum'n'bass. (Read 137375 times)

Wellsy

• forum hero
#425 Re: F-ing amazing drum'n'bass.
March 12, 2022, 06:24:41 pm
Those are definitely some great classic names...

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#426 Re: F-ing amazing drum'n'bass.
March 12, 2022, 06:26:50 pm
Full spectrum!! If anyone needed a way to dabble in or sample a bit of dnb.....that is it.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
#427 Re: F-ing amazing drum'n'bass.
May 03, 2022, 10:59:01 am
Some lovely and proper JUNGLE from Tommy The Cat on the wide ranging hard dance label PRSPCT:

https://www.junodownload.com/products/tommy-the-cat-something-mighty-strange-ep/5475109-02/

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
#428 Re: F-ing amazing drum'n'bass.
May 31, 2022, 10:52:16 am

Another one for the junglist massif, this is bloody great:

CapitalistPunter

• addict
#429 Re: F-ing amazing drum'n'bass.
May 31, 2022, 11:23:52 am
Not entirely sure if it comes under the banner of Dnb but Machine Girl is brilliant

Durbs

• forum hero
#430 Re: F-ing amazing drum'n'bass.
June 28, 2022, 09:52:59 am
There's a fair Sheffield people on this thread - just wondered if any of you made it to this?

SamT

• forum hero
#431 Re: F-ing amazing drum'n'bass.
June 28, 2022, 10:24:59 am
Yeah - I was there with my lad -  flippin amazing. 
1:44:20 for me - yellow helmet next to wheelie boy - god I wish I could wheelie like that.

The huntersbar moment at 1:47:45 to 1:49:00  was such a moment.  Such a good atmosphere.  :punk: :2thumbsup:

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
#432 Re: F-ing amazing drum'n'bass.
June 28, 2022, 10:28:59 am
Good effort SamT, you picked a right wobbly one to be on camera.

Durbs

• forum hero
#433 Re: F-ing amazing drum'n'bass.
June 28, 2022, 10:34:24 am
Wicked mate!

How are they to be in? Looks like mild chaos - completely taking over roads in a busy city centre! Are there front-riders clearing the way in front?

SamT

• forum hero
#434 Re: F-ing amazing drum'n'bass.
June 28, 2022, 11:26:16 am
It was so chilled.  Such a good vibe.  Everyone really friendly.  99% of traffic was happy to be just sat there, with many bemused drivers joining in.  Only one or two dickheads futily trying to nudge foward.  There was just one cop car that seemed to be holding traffic up at the odd round about, but I get the impression that it wasn't pre organised, just the cops reacting to it on the day.  I lost my lad initially when we joined, (he's 14) and he was it bit preturbed initially, but we found each other again and then he hooked up with a mate and left me to it.  Didn't spot any trouble.  It moves so slowly that its not really that dangerous.  Def get down to one if he's in your area.   There are lots of radio linked speakers front middle and back so it doesn't really matter where you are in the group, but the atmos is def better in and around dom himself, obv.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
#435 Re: F-ing amazing drum'n'bass.
September 01, 2022, 11:51:18 am
I don't have any techno tips at the moment but as always drum and bass and jungle are full of exciting stuff.

This time it's the follow-up to Presha's excellent RATS EP on Samurai, one of my favourite releases of last year, with one of my favourite tracks Mainliner.
https://presha.bandcamp.com/album/rats

He's released not one, not two, but THREE remix EPs for this with a variety of artists related to the roster, and the jungle remix ones are great:
https://presha.bandcamp.com/album/rats-infest-1
https://presha.bandcamp.com/album/rats-infest-2

In particular the Homemade Weapons remix of Mainliner...

...and the Last Life remix of Vendetta...

...are heavy as fuck. Proper deep dark and expertly crafted business  :punk: :dance1:

crzylgs

• stalker
#436 Re: F-ing amazing drum'n'bass.
September 01, 2022, 03:40:58 pm
I'm only one minute into 'Homemade Weapons remix of Mainliner' that you linked above. Wow. Solid tune. Not a genre I typically listen to (I'm basically stuck in a 90/00s Trance loophole...) and not one I can listen to in large quantities but that really is mighty! Definitely getting added to a 'Hype / Fuck some shit up' playlist - cheers!

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
#437 Re: F-ing amazing drum'n'bass.
September 01, 2022, 10:39:36 pm
Just wait till you get 2.15 minutes in  :o

Cheers crazylgs  ;D Samurai have carved a really strong niche of properly uncompromising half-time-dubbed-out-chopped-breaks modern jungle and DnB. I've got loads in their back catalogue.

Since you mentioned trance, you might like the sounds in this:

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#438 Re: F-ing amazing drum'n'bass.
September 02, 2022, 06:53:39 pm
this might be worth a listen - history of drum and bass

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/brand/p0clxkpt

crzylgs

• stalker
#439 Re: F-ing amazing drum'n'bass.
September 02, 2022, 10:12:52 pm
@Fiend - Another solid recommend nice one!

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
#440 Re: F-ing amazing drum'n'bass.
December 10, 2022, 11:44:21 am
I got a nice wad point a while ago from crzglgs for deepest darkest and heaviest DnB recommendations, so well, here we go again, the latest comp from Samurai and it's as good as usual:

https://samuraimusic.bandcamp.com/album/samurai-hannya-ii

Quite a broad spectrum here from methodical technoid plodders from Mako, minimal tribalism from The Untouchables, serious industrial jungle presha from Presha, and proper fucking nightmare fuel from Artilect.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
#441 Re: F-ing amazing drum'n'bass.
January 08, 2023, 10:38:56 am
Okay this is a real slice of personal history for me. I'd been into jungle / dnb for a couple of years and was pretty much loving it, but then I heard this track on John Peel in the late 90s, was listening to the first bit and thought "yeah this is pretty cool". Then.....halfway through.....the 2nd drop (needs speakers / headphones). That was it. Pretty sure I'd always be into DnB in some form after that.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
#442 Re: F-ing amazing drum'n'bass.
March 09, 2023, 12:12:31 pm
Some great stuff on Over/Shadow recently - https://over-shadow.bandcamp.com/music - a vague resurrection of the legendary Moving Shadow records, with a similar high quality ethos and a good varied of refined, mostly jungle-tinged, released. A personal favourite being this excellent new one from Dom and Crystl "Stimulant" with a lovely blend of soaring melodies and tones like the cry of avian aliens, militant drums of a victorious army, and bass pulses direct from the earth's core:

https://domandroland.bandcamp.com/track/stimulant-2

Also, I've been loving this track from a couple of years ago by Sully (who also has a release on Over/Shadow), a bit of top old skool / nu skool jungle, with a proper uplifting chopped up breakbeat work out, 1:42 should put a grin on anyone's face.

https://sullyuk.bandcamp.com/track/swandive

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
#444 Re: F-ing amazing drum'n'bass.
July 13, 2023, 11:29:44 am

The most consistent producer in DnB is a back with an album on Over/Shadow and this magnificent (not hyperbole - that's as much "genre" as praise!) track. However loud you usually listen to DnB, add 10% and imagine yourself walking out to the wall in an IFSC final to this.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
#445 Re: F-ing amazing drum'n'bass.
September 14, 2023, 07:18:22 pm
https://rdgs.bandcamp.com/album/samurai-outliers-004

The most consistent label in DnB is back with an EP from RDG and it's a head spinner of mercilessly mechanically precise tribal-industrial post-jungle experimental breakbeat rhythm workouts. Yup it's got drums, and bass, all at a classic 170bpm tempo, but this won't get mainstream radio airplay.

stone

• forum abuser
#446 Re: F-ing amazing drum'n'bass.
December 24, 2023, 03:31:19 pm
since it's Chrimbo, this needs a listen (I do every year)  ;D

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
#447 Re: F-ing amazing drum'n'bass.
March 04, 2024, 11:15:59 am
Samurai on point yet again with a great EP by Hoji, this track in particular is a fantastic blend of haunting hypnotic soundscapes and cascading jungle percussion. There's a reason that this thread is called F-ing Amazing Drum'n'Bass and there's a reason that I still bloody love this music, and tracks like this are the reason...

TheRealBeech

#448 Re: F-ing amazing drum'n'bass.
March 04, 2024, 01:30:32 pm
Samurai on point yet again with a great EP by Hoji, this track in particular is a fantastic blend of haunting hypnotic soundscapes and cascading jungle percussion. There's a reason that this thread is called F-ing Amazing Drum'n'Bass and there's a reason that I still bloody love this music, and tracks like this are the reason...

I’d reccomend the 3 albums tech itch dropped recently,  covert one, two and three .

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
#449 Re: F-ing amazing drum'n'bass.
April 03, 2024, 09:35:32 am
Finally got around to checking those out, I got Covert:One on the basis of this extremely proper track:

I have mixed feelings about Tech Itch, as much as I like a lot of his music. I get a bit annoyed with his constant over-pricing on bandcamp (£18 for a DIGITAL album?? Compared to a CD usually being <£15?? No thanks I'll stick to £7:50 at Juno), the associated delaying Juno releases for months, the trendy artist anonymity despite most of them probably being Tech Itch himself, and also bailing on Bangface with no reason given whatsoever.

Still, that's a bloody good dark roller....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal