UKBouldering.com

Anasazi Pro, sizing and experience? (Read 6703 times)

Probes

• forum hero
  • Wood Abuser
    • Crusher Holds
Anasazi Pro, sizing and experience?
May 18, 2018, 04:35:45 pm
Has anyone any experience of these? Are they just the new anasazi with toe rubber on? And the million dollar question... what size are these now coming in at for a street 9, I've been in old anasazi 7s for beards.

CBA

• player
  • Gin drinking underachiever
    • Unrepentant man child
Allegedly a midge stiffer,with a more snug heel. Although this is 5 10 we're talking about,so this could vary from pair to pair... I'm hearing they size pretty much in line with the normal Anasazi velcro,but take a little longer to stretch.

kelvin

• forum hero
Paul has a pair and he reckons the heel is a lot better and obviously the toe patch is there. The heel still looks huge to me but when my velcros get replaced, it'd be with the Pros if I was sticking with a 5.10.

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
Tried them on, I really don't get on with the shape, though the old ones are my shoe of choice. Feel stiffer, and heel quite a lot narrower.

mr chaz

• obsessive maniac
#4 Re: Anasazi Pro, sizing and experience?
September 16, 2019, 07:40:46 pm
I just snapped up a pair of these on the cheap, in my normal Anasazi size. I size tight, but jeez it’s just taken me 30 minutes of effort to get the left on and there’s no chance of climbing in them. Do these give a bit like normal anasazis? Less so?

mr chaz

• obsessive maniac
#5 Re: Anasazi Pro, sizing and experience?
September 16, 2019, 07:48:40 pm
I’ve just seen that they’ve changed their sizing between 2018/2019 versions, so I may well have one of the new smaller pairs. Suggests going up a whole size, same for the 2019 Anasazi VCS.

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#6 Re: Anasazi Pro, sizing and experience?
September 16, 2019, 08:10:57 pm
I’ve just seen that they’ve changed their sizing between 2018/2019 versions

:lol: Incredible. What are Adidas doing to Five Ten?!

These are a good, if not better alternative. Half a size bigger than than traditional Anasazi Velcro size in my experience.

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
#7 Re: Anasazi Pro, sizing and experience?
September 16, 2019, 10:07:16 pm
Probes, I bought a pair a while back when they were on offer on Rock+Run. They came on a Saturday, stretched them in a bit, wore them at the crag on Sunday, they felt a bit better. Used them at the wall on the Tuesday and after ½ and hour my feet were rolling round in them. Sold them on that night. Not a patch on the originals (well, they have got a toe patch, but beyond that, they are rubbish. I'd rather wear Boreals  :o ).

mr chaz

• obsessive maniac
#8 Re: Anasazi Pro, sizing and experience?
September 17, 2019, 08:36:01 am

These are a good, if not better alternative. Half a size bigger than than traditional Anasazi Velcro size in my experience.

Thanks for that Cheque, I’ll be getting a pair of Sirius ASAP to replace my dragons. However, I hadn’t really considered the Up Rise, thinking I could reliably (ha! whatever!) purchase anasazis without problem.

Are they a similar last/ fit etc (ignoring the half size difference)?How does the heel compare?

Way to go five ten Adidas you shower of  :shit: :chair:

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#9 Re: Anasazi Pro, sizing and experience?
September 17, 2019, 11:57:20 am

Thanks for that Cheque, I’ll be getting a pair of Sirius ASAP to replace my dragons. However, I hadn’t really considered the Up Rise, thinking I could reliably (ha! whatever!) purchase anasazis without problem.

Are they a similar last/ fit etc (ignoring the half size difference)?How does the heel compare?

Way to go five ten Adidas you shower of  :shit: :chair:

Despite trying the lace and velcroes I didn't buy the velcro version, I got the lace-ups which I've found unnervingly similar to whites in the feel/ shape but have a better (IMO) heel. Similarly the rubber is indistinguishable from Stealth. I didn't have any kind of adaption period, they're essentially Five Tens.

I've not heard a bad word about the velcroes from anyone who's switched to them- opinion seems to be the same as mine of the lace-ups. They're apparently slightly higher-cut at the ankle but I didn't notice that in my short trying-on. Jstrongman's raving about them here.

remus

• forum hero
#10 Re: Anasazi Pro, sizing and experience?
September 17, 2019, 08:57:48 pm
Similarly the rubber is indistinguishable from Stealth.

Word on the street is that it is actually stealth rubber. Apparently Addidas have the rights to the stealth name but not the rubber itself, so unparallel have just rebranded it.

andy_e

• forum hero
#11 Re: Anasazi Pro, sizing and experience?
September 17, 2019, 09:49:05 pm
The entire heel peeled off my anasazi pros mid heel-hook today. Swerve! Build quality is so poor.

Evil

• addict
#12 Re: Anasazi Pro, sizing and experience?
October 17, 2019, 03:04:05 pm
I got a cheap pair of these on Rock and Run in the same size as I had blackwings, but had to swap them for a complete size down as they were absolutely massive (and one size down is probably still a bit big). Find them in general too flat and stiff for my taste too (massively prefer the now discontinued Blackwings), so overall not that impressed, but for £50 they are ok as a spare pair of shoes.
Also got a pair of Unparallel Vegas which are much more like it, and fit the same as the Blackwings. Shame they are significantly more expensive.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal