UKBouldering.com

Krag Klub 428 7-13 May (Read 7740 times)

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#25 Re: Krag Klub 428 7-13 May
May 14, 2018, 09:39:29 pm
Sun - Got a train to meet Ian P. Went to Goredale. Three runs up The Perfect Mirage. Managed some decent links and found a better sequence on the crux. Held Ian's rope while he dispatched it first redpoint of the year for his second 8a 💪😁.

Sounds like a good day; glad to hear Ian got TPM, I hope he has dispatched L'ob Session too.  He  gave me some valuable beta when we met at Malham.

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
#26 Re: Krag Klub 428 7-13 May
May 14, 2018, 11:32:00 pm
Sun - Got a train to meet Ian P. Went to Goredale. Three runs up The Perfect Mirage. Managed some decent links and found a better sequence on the crux. Held Ian's rope while he dispatched it first redpoint of the year for his second 8a 💪😁.

Sounds like a good day; glad to hear Ian got TPM, I hope he has dispatched L'ob Session too.  He  gave me some valuable beta when we met at Malham.

He's just done his second 8a and you make it sound like he's just passed away  :o

tomtom

• forum hero
#27 Re: Krag Klub 428 7-13 May
May 15, 2018, 08:57:24 am
Eh up. Late entry from me...

M: Bank holiday Monday - hot weather - where to go. Decided to head to Conies Dale to avoid the crowds (on the roads and at the crag) - One team there already - and another arrived as the first left later. Lots of gop below/on the break meant rock dryness dictated which problems were do-able etc.. and also made for some harder eliminate starts :) I was climbing really poorly.. which was a bit embarrassing as both groups were first time visitors, and I was trying to show them where problems were but failing miserably on everything that I'd done before.... I nearly managed a 6C+ :(

Tu: Work

We: Work and back to Anston on the way home. Nice warm up - but failed to understand what I was doing on Beta Blocker last time (when I thought I'd got it) and gave up. Moved to Colt where I had got myself into a Hissy fit over the first couple of moves hurting my back previously... This time seemed fine (strangely) and made good progress. Annoyingly couldn't get it done.

Th:

Fri:

Sa: Day pass. Funny weather - a bit humid and hot - couldnt get out until 11 - and didnt really fancy the weekend traffic to the peak so headed to Healey Nab. Had some success early! (!) managing a 7A arete and traverse that felt miles away last time (practically did it as a warm up on Sat), but then split a tip in a 7B and flailed around on a hard undercut sit start on a 7B+... Sill wore myself out sufficiently - and left with good timing as a group of luurcal yoofs turned up with loud music and brightly coloured energy drinks...

Su:

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#28 Re: Krag Klub 428 7-13 May
May 17, 2018, 03:01:12 pm
so, Shark is both stronger and faster

only a matter of time now

And getting lighter.

Weather forecast to be unconducive for crushing  so will keep working at the above holy trinity until blessed by the return of righteous connies.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal