UKBouldering.com

Hold Breakage - Pit Problem, Trowbarrow (Read 2550 times)

Bradders

• forum hero
Hold Breakage - Pit Problem, Trowbarrow
May 05, 2018, 11:19:30 pm
Went up to Trowbarrow today and was very disappointed to find the big edge used on Pit Problem (and all the other links through it obviously) has broken! Forgot to take any pics but basically it looks like it snapped in half with the right hand side now gone, leaving a fairly small and uneven hold.

Hoping that whomever broke it took it with them and intends to glue it back on? I understand it had been glued on before.  It looked like a pretty clean break so probably not too difficult a repair.

Really hope it can be fixed as it's pretty crucial for at least half a dozen independent problems and link ups. I suspect to be fair that most of the problems are still doable with the remaining hold but they'll be much harder.

yetix

• forum abuser
Pretty sure Sam Davenhall has the hold and intends to glue it back on.

Bradders

• forum hero
Excellent news, cheers.

tomtom

• forum hero
Is it me - or does the re-glued (thanks for doing it btw!) hold feel a bit more incut than before? (Not petitioning for a downgrade :D )

Bradders

• forum hero
Is it me - or does the re-glued (thanks for doing it btw!) hold feel a bit more incut than before? (Not petitioning for a downgrade :D )

Don't think so, it's always been a good incut hold just hard moving to it via Pit Problem.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal