UKBouldering.com

Quick hit venues nr Reeth, Swaledale (Read 8755 times)

webbo

• forum hero
Ok then, what about Roundhill that’s a flat and short walk.

andy_e

• forum hero
Reasonably ;-)

Good crag though. Not much in the higher ranges but a pleasant circuit below that. Plus a savage crimpy "7A" and a nails pop to a sloper.

tomtom

• forum hero
So I may be able to deposit the student at destination - check into my B&B and be ready to go from Reeth about 5:30-6. Which gives me time to get to Slipstones (or other crags) and back etc...

webbo

• forum hero
Reasonably ;-)

Good crag though. Not much in the higher ranges but a pleasant circuit below that. Plus a savage crimpy "7A" and a nails pop to a sloper.
There are a few things that Mike Grey did that he seems to have never recorded further along to the right of the crag as you look at it. Also he did some stuff in Arnagill in the 7b/ c range which probably will have returned to nature by now.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
So I may be able to deposit the student at destination - check into my B&B and be ready to go from Reeth about 5:30-6. Which gives me time to get to Slipstones (or other crags) and back etc...

Got a decent headtorch?

Mike Tyson

• forum hero

Will have to run it by the boss, but I might be able to join you for a Slipstones hit!

tomtom

• forum hero
👍 I’ll post up if there’s any change of plan.

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
Not been to Arkengarthdale more's the pity - total shame about Crag Hill, class venue and Roadside Arete is super good..

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
If you're going tomorrow then it's going to be scorchio and connies at Slipstones will be very much sub-boss. That might not be a problem if you're keen to bask. With the sun being so strong, you might find Crag A is nice - shorter walk in and shady in the trees. Most climbs are in the 6s as well so you won't even feel pressure to pull down too hard! Obviously just check there's no lumberjacks around.

tomtom

• forum hero
True good point. See what I feel like (bimble on warm rock or pulling hard on shady trickier stuff). Never know what the connies will be like up there anyway.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal