UKBouldering.com

Энергетический клуб 416 12th Feb - 18th Feb (Read 9410 times)

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Shark, did you go back in time to the '70s? Sports nutrition has evolved since then, fasting is not the way to go.
Unless you've been getting proteins every 3/4 hours, by fasting you only lost muscle, especially if you also excercised. Moreover, a few pounds on the scale could easily be due to water retention, constipation, inflammation (attracts liquids), carbs (1/3 carbs to water ratio), and so on.
Briefly, you could have done this for nothing good at all.
No wonder psyche is low.

Get with it Nibs - Intermittant Fasting is so hot right now.

Not saying you are wrong but seems unlikely that there would be loss of well used (ie useful) muscle in say a 19 hour fast.

Didn't get anything like the weight loss this Monday (only 0.8lbs).

Climbed well yesterday. Psyche much higher  ;D

Murph

• forum abuser
Unless you've been getting proteins every 3/4 hours, by fasting you only lost muscle, especially if you also excercised.
That's not what they found out in this study. IF &  a normal eating pattern showed no meaningful difference in the strength progress among these lifters. The IF guys lost fat though - so they were running at a deficit, they weren't eating every 3 hours & they kept their strength up. These guys weren't untrained sedentary individuals either (c110kg bench 1RM).

Moreover, a few pounds on the scale could easily be due to water retention......
Yeah that's more or less a certainty.

seems unlikely that there would be loss of well used (ie useful) muscle in say a 19 hour fast.
Agreed! I cannot believe your muscles would have even started falling off in 19 hours. What possible evolutionary advantage would humans have by going catabolic the minute they go more than 2 hours from a protein shake?

Murph

• forum abuser
Check out motorway cams to assess the clag factor before you travel:

https://www.motorwaycameras.co.uk/england/m1/southbound/traffic-camera/1940
Great link. Many thanks Nai! Much obliged.

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
M aerocap core and stretching
T run, circa 30 minutes
W bouldering on new wave set tried quite a few hard problems, not much progress, and did about 2/3 of the level 2s or whatever they are now
T routes, long session mostly on the steep main wall, tried linking the desperate 7b+ into the finish of the 7a+ a couple of times.
F 2 x 30 minute blocks 'medium' aerocap 6a-6b+, core session, stretching
S wave session, pretty shit as Friday's 'active rest' was far too active and not enough rest. 2 sets of laps on the lattice board to failure with 15 minute break in between to finish
S route session. warmed up on autobelays,  did 6b+, 7a(++!), 3 attempts on 7c, flashed a 6c+, all on steep wall at the foundry. Full body pain doing that 5th day on

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
Get with it Nibs - Intermittant Fasting is so hot right now.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't want to start a debate, but if I read the post correctly Shark only talked about fasting, not IF, which is a specific protocol, and can have its place and meaning; in fact, I apply it myself: I fast, then I wake up and have breakfast, then I fast, then I have my second breakfast, then I fast, then I have lunch, then I fast, then I have a snack, then I fast, then I have dinner, then I fast.
Sorry, couldn't resist. 😊😊😊😊
If I misread the post, apologies.

Edit: I re-read the post, and I seriously doubt that Shark was on an IF protocol.
Anyway, glad about the positive outcome!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 01:34:50 pm by Nibile »

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
I'll have you know that there are several specific types of intermittant fasting protocols.

Mine involves weighing myself before breakfast and thinking 'oh fuck' and then holding out from eating till late afternoon if I can.

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal