UKBouldering.com

Facebook Live through Canon G7x Mk2? (Read 3821 times)

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
Facebook Live through Canon G7x Mk2?
December 18, 2017, 04:27:22 pm
Does anybody know if I could use this camera to broadcast a Facebook Live video? We'd like to film and stream a few events with work next year. Other than using it on a phone, I'm unsure if it could work.

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#1 Re: Facebook Live through Canon G7x Mk2?
December 18, 2017, 05:17:49 pm
Google seems to think that although you can get an HDMI output feed from the Mk2 version, it is 'dirty' ie. has overlaid info like the viewfinder which can't be turned off. Sounds like you'd be better off with an decent HD webcam.

Some cameras have dirty HDMI output, for example the Canon G7x MK.II. This means the on-screen display appears in the HDMI output and there’s no way to turn it off.

tomtom

• forum hero
#2 Re: Facebook Live through Canon G7x Mk2?
December 18, 2017, 05:37:50 pm
I’ve got one of those 4K GoPro clones that are £40 on amazon and it has a WiFi link to your mobile to set up and download pics etc.. the phone app you use also has an option to do FB live - but I’ve not tried it yet. Won’t be as good as the dslr- and it’s wide angle but might do the job. I can have a fiddle and see what it’s like if you like?

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#3 Re: Facebook Live through Canon G7x Mk2?
January 16, 2018, 04:17:49 pm
Thanks both! Apologies I've only just seen this.

Thanks for that tip off Tom. There's a possibility that they might invest in a proper setup internally but I'll definitely moot the 4k Go Pro clone as a backup plan.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal