UKBouldering.com

Miura discontinued? (Read 3529 times)

bigironhorse

• junky
    • YouTube
Miura discontinued?
November 15, 2017, 10:12:13 am
Heard from a mate that Sportiva are no longer producing the Miura and that it will be replaced my a more expensive Ondra sponsored version. I couldn't believe it so had a quick google but couldn't find anything, anyone know if this is true?

hstmoore

• player
#1 Re: Miura discontinued?
November 15, 2017, 11:37:18 am
No idea on them being discontinued but, as a long time Miura fan, I bought a pair of the Ondra version 6 months ago. They are so stiff and insensitive that I've only climbed in them twice and now they're sitting on my shelf. Not a patch on the extremely versatile original Miuras.

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#2 Re: Miura discontinued?
November 15, 2017, 11:40:34 am
The "Ondra sponsored version" is basically a lace up Miura VS with more downturn than the ordinary Miura lace. LaSpo have said they're a one year only special edition, although I guess they might change their mind about the "one year only" bit if they've sold well.

I've had a pair this year because my local shop happened to have them in stock & didn't have the normal ones. They work just fine but I won't particularly shed any tears if I have to go back to the normal ones next year.

The normal ones are still listed as a current product: https://www.lasportiva.com/en/climbing-shoes-man

erm, sam

• forum hero
#3 Re: Miura discontinued?
November 15, 2017, 12:52:23 pm
Several shop staff have told me this, but they were on display on the LaSportiva stand at the SS18 Outdoor show (last summer) so I don't think they will be discontinued soon.

Duncan campbell

• junky
#4 Re: Miura discontinued?
November 15, 2017, 02:15:58 pm
Pretty rare for Sportiva to discontinue shoes? They still make mythos and cobras!!

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
#5 Re: Miura discontinued?
November 20, 2017, 07:50:32 am
They are still available on the Lyon b2b for sportiva ordering so I'm not sure if it's just stock that is left in the warehouse. I think a lot of shops wish to try some of the newer models, so are making shelf/stock space to give the new ones a go.

I forgot to add, the importer/distributor (Lyon equip in this case) often decide to stop bringing in certain models as is the case with the Boulder x making way for the newer tx range of approach shoes.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal