UKBouldering.com

Power Club 400 23rd - 29th October 2017 (Read 7427 times)

duncan

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#25 Re: Power Club 400 23rd - 29th October 2017
November 01, 2017, 08:37:06 am
Bradders, sounds like an amazing day to cap a great week. What a first 8A too. Coops, must have been chilly if you’re wearing a vest!

STG - 180° shoulder elevation. Outdoor climbing soon.
MTG - 7a by the end of 2017
LTG - tbc

M - Stretches. Shoulder strengthening (through range rotator cuff, scapular muscles, deltoid).
T - Fingerboard. Hung the 19mm edges briefly.
W - Stretches, strengthening
T - Westway Bouldering to ~V2. Felt good on vertical stuff, not so much on anything over 15°.
F - Stretches, strengthening.
S - Westway with The Economist. Lead routes to ~6a.
S - Westway with the lad and his friend. Felt pretty beaten so not climbing.

Good progress this week. Elevation now comfortably 175°, shoulder feels stable (but not strong). Doing enough to feel I’m training as well as rehab.ing. Sunday looked glorious, he said wistfully, but I have a short trip to Spain coming up and should get some real climbing done soon.

Yossarian

• forum hero
#26 Re: Power Club 400 23rd - 29th October 2017
November 01, 2017, 08:49:10 am
STG: Train while adjusting to new job
MTG: 7C

M: Rockstar Swindon - average wall with some good and some really bad setting. good session
T: Rockstar Swindon - tried two days in a row, lacked power and energy. Volume
W:
T: Rockstar Swindon - a few new comp problems were being tested so got involved. Good fun session
F:
S: My yearly foray to Southern Sandstone... Half day trip with csl. Eridge to warm up, had some goes on Azazel. No psyche, cold. Wanted to be on the grit. Went to Bowles. Tried Banana Hammock to no avail, good problem though. Finished by doing a couple of eliminates. Luck Strike 7A, a dyno up the middle of Fandango Wall. Them Monkey Things Left, a link up of a highball 6B+ into 6A which somehow got 7A+ on UKC, not even close.

S:

Had (relative) fun on the Southern Sandstone, tempted to go over the winter to try Phasis 7C a bit more. Start a new job next week so hopefully can keep momentum...

I tried and failed on Banana Hammock earlier in the year - its tricky!

If you’re heading down again anytime give me a shout.

Coops_13

• forum hero
    • YouTube
#27 Re: Power Club 400 23rd - 29th October 2017
November 01, 2017, 04:36:44 pm
Coops, must have been chilly if you’re wearing a vest!
Baltic...  :lol:

T_B

• forum hero
#28 Re: Power Club 400 23rd - 29th October 2017
November 02, 2017, 03:33:05 pm
V late this wk, almost wasn't going to post... but haven't totally given up yet  ;)

M -
T - Lunch: Autobelays x 12 ish inc 2 x 7a, 1 x 7a+, 3 x 6c/+
W - Lunch run
T - Lunch: Wave pulling. Felt absolutely wacked. Managed a bunch of L2s and one easy L3. pm run
F -lunch run
S -
S - Kinder x 5 'run'

Struggling to balance the running and climbing. Trying to maintain the latter but fingers are starting to feel weak and problems on the Wave are starting to feel long...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal