UKBouldering.com

Performance Enhancement... (Read 10424 times)

kelvin

• forum hero
#25 Re: Performance Enhancement...
October 31, 2017, 09:35:23 am
Is it just me or do others think using the word 'trustifarians' smacks of jealousy? The same thing is said in traveler circles too and rarely in a nice way.

We all get a helping hand, whether that be meeting the right work contacts to be able to work hard, earn well and be flexible or landing the right sponsor just because we happened to be in Pete's Eats at the right time or somehow being inspired like I was by flicking TV channels on a Saturday night to a climbing programme and then meeting strangers in a bar that opened the door to a climbing club for me.

Anyways, back to drugs - met a Madrid guy in Albarracin last winter who was cruising all the 7A highballs and put it down to weed calming his nerves. Good idea I thought, except I then spent the next four hours laid on my mat in the sunshine, wondering how the fuck all those slate routes were done. A beer does wonders for calming my climbing nerves but never again the weed.

petejh

• forum hero
#26 Re: Performance Enhancement...
October 31, 2017, 12:31:24 pm
What, jealous of people handed a comfy financial buffer without any effort on their part other than surviving the birth process? And which allows them to have loads of leisure time in nice places without 'real' financial worries? What's to be jealous of  :shrug:

Tommy - yeah I guess I'm thinking more of everyday climbers rather than 'pros'. Seems to me that affluent men and women of leisure are well represented in climbing. Off topic anyway.

UnkArl

• player
#27 Re: Performance Enhancement...
October 31, 2017, 04:59:19 pm
Just wanted to say thanks for the mention of the “Icarus” documentary - I just watched it - WOW!!!

mark s

• junky
#28 Re: Performance Enhancement...
November 08, 2017, 07:54:40 pm
bulking up with steroids comes down to a few things, how heavy you train, how many calories you eat and the doses you take.
the monster typical steroid user people think of will be taking over a bottle (10ml) a week plus pills.
certain blends will make you leaner or bulky , stronger  etc . that's why they are stacked together or bought as a blend.
I think the main plus for climbers would be that you could train hard every day and still go out at the weekend fit and ready.
winstrol, ben johnsons drug. would be ok for climbers as it wont cause water retention,keeps you lean and ok for strength.
I was a gym rat for a while so ive been around the scene.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#29 Re: Performance Enhancement...
November 08, 2017, 08:26:39 pm
I had got the impression that testestorone analogue steroids are now viewed as a bit old-skool - redolant of the 80s Eastern Bloc and mainly used by reckless tyoes and those not subject to rigorous testing regimes. In any event, HGH and insulin strike me as more useful for climbers - lean muscle, fat loss, enhanced recovery, and supposedly stronger bones and tendons (basically reversing the aging process). 

mark s

• junky
#30 Re: Performance Enhancement...
November 08, 2017, 08:34:43 pm
insulin is dangerous, hgh is very expensive and you need to be on it for a long time.
test maybe one of the first but its still pretty used with most cycles.
trenbolone is about the most effective steroid but it comes with side effects that you wont get with other steroids.

measles23

• stalker
#31 Re: Performance Enhancement...
November 08, 2017, 09:33:11 pm
I was a gym rat for a while

Was = past tense?? You surely haven’t bailed on the gym Mark?

I’m persistently amazed no-one at Strength Asylum has offered me something out of sheer pity at my diddy physique!

mark s

• junky
#32 Re: Performance Enhancement...
November 08, 2017, 10:46:52 pm
Yeah I've cut down food by a large amount and just do lighter weights now. It just didn't feel healthy being best part of 17 stone even. Just over 15 now and plan lose a bit more yet

Ally Smith

• obsessive maniac
#33 Re: Performance Enhancement...
November 09, 2017, 11:58:27 am
Yohimbe - may help fat loss while preserving lean muscle mass, powerful stimulant, improved focus but may heighten anxiety, increased NO levels, (and.. ahem..!)
Examine.com

I'm not sure that side effect :shag: would be beneficial to the send!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal