UKBouldering.com

UKB Power club 397 2nd Oct - 8th Oct (Read 8815 times)

Luke Owens

• forum hero
    • My Blog
#25 Re: UKB Power club 397 2nd Oct - 8th Oct
October 10, 2017, 02:36:32 pm
I'll make a return. Hadn't logged anything in months due to no training, basically just sport climbed over summer. Started training again now which feels good.

Managed one of my Little Orme projects a couple of months back, cheers to Pete H for all the belays!

M: First time out bouldering with our daughter. She's 18months now so pretty mobile... Good little session at Nant Y Fedw near Tremadog after the boggy approach! Did "Corbyn Youth Surge" (7A) 4th go and flashed the 2 6B+'s.

T: 1on 2off Aerocap for 10mins
Max Hangs - 
4 x 10s on 30mm/20mm half crimp alternate arms
3 x 10s on 20mm open crimp

W: Lunch - Core/Antags

T: Lunch - Core/Antags

Eve: Boardroom - Easy problems for warm up, limit bouldering for 90mins and 30mins on the moonboard.

F: Day spent as a groundie dragging and chipping brash

S: Rest

S: 1on 1off Aerocap for 10mins
1 x 10s on 20mm open crimp

fried

• forum hero
#26 Re: UKB Power club 397 2nd Oct - 8th Oct
October 10, 2017, 05:34:45 pm
2 week check in, not much has happened. Weather poor, too much work. Tired and run down.

Week 1 - 2 OK indoor session, though one cut short due to having sore throat and feeling out of sorts.

Week 2 - 1 Ok session, Wednesday my car got vandalised in my car park, lots of hassle with police reports and insurance company. Friday, came down to check the car, 5 kids were sitting in it! They ran off sharpish, but lots of ongoing negotiations about installing security cameras. Luckily hadn't left my mat in the car. Ok session on Sunday.

Meh... 1 oudoor session in 5 weeks. Not sleeping well, wondering if I should sleep in the car with a shotgun.

Normal poor service will be resumed soon.

On a better note my improved financially status means I've been looking at decent HiFi stuff for the first time in a long time.

Wood FT

• forum hero
#27 Re: UKB Power club 397 2nd Oct - 8th Oct
October 10, 2017, 06:09:47 pm
mon -
tue - Ansteys, short go on a wet Cider Soak, new and interesting beta. Still feels 8c. Empire with a hang, not feeling as fit.
wed -
thu - Fingerboard, 7a. Brushed the 45s with a wire brush, cheating but at least I can hang them now.
fri -
sat - London drinkin'
sun - London hangin'

Off the pace

Wood FT

• forum hero
#28 Re: UKB Power club 397 2nd Oct - 8th Oct
October 10, 2017, 06:12:59 pm
I'll make a return. Hadn't logged anything in months due to no training, basically just sport climbed over summer. Started training again now which feels good.

Managed one of my Little Orme projects a couple of months back, cheers to Pete H for all the belays!

M: First time out bouldering with our daughter. She's 18months now so pretty mobile... Good little session at Nant Y Fedw near Tremadog after the boggy approach! Did "Corbyn Youth Surge" (7A) 4th go and flashed the 2 6B+'s.

T: 1on 2off Aerocap for 10mins
Max Hangs - 
3 x 10s on 20mm open crimp

W: Lunch - Core/Antags

T: Lunch - Core/Antags

Eve: Boardroom - Easy problems for warm up, limit bouldering for 90mins and 30mins on the moonboard.

F: Day spent as a groundie dragging and chipping brash

S: Rest

S: 1on 1off Aerocap for 10mins
1 x 10s on 20mm open crimp

your route looks good Luke, what's the scene with getting into this venue? I have a half memory of reading somewhere you have to ab in?

petejh

• forum hero
#29 Re: UKB Power club 397 2nd Oct - 8th Oct
October 14, 2017, 06:05:01 pm
If you go you'll see lots of shiny new via-ferrata ladder rungs down the 8m approach wall.. Easiest to abb in (rope is in place) and climb the rungs out. The bolt fairies haven't quite finished their work -  5 more rungs to go in at the bottom, maybe this weekend if they can get away from startling young children at the bottom of the garden.

Doylo

• forum hero
#30 Re: UKB Power club 397 2nd Oct - 8th Oct
October 14, 2017, 06:20:55 pm
Good work PeteJh

Wood FT

• forum hero
#31 Re: UKB Power club 397 2nd Oct - 8th Oct
October 14, 2017, 08:07:34 pm
If you go you'll see lots of shiny new via-ferrata ladder rungs down the 8m approach wall.. Easiest to abb in (rope is in place) and climb the rungs out. The bolt fairies haven't quite finished their work -  5 more rungs to go in at the bottom, maybe this weekend if they can get away from startling young children at the bottom of the garden.

:bow:

petejh

• forum hero
#32 Re: UKB Power club 397 2nd Oct - 8th Oct
October 14, 2017, 09:47:14 pm
Good work PeteJh

I was climbing there today on my 8b proj - it's 3*mega, has kneebars in a roof and everything, with my pad on I felt like you for a minute... Bobbins is gonna crush the cave projs 

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#33 Re: UKB Power club 397 2nd Oct - 8th Oct
October 15, 2017, 08:02:33 am
not a great week (current week is worse) - but the Friday on grit made it worthwhile

M - lifting stuff to 150kg and TRX wobbling
Tu - tried soloing easy routes on grit, but swollen toe made this too painful to be fun. after 5 routes went fishing instead - couple of small pike then it went very quiet. However I did bump into the legendary Stuart Crofts (fishing/entomology wad) and had a cup of tea and some awesome pork pie with him
W - nothing
Th - easy gym, joints hurting
Fr - bad sore throat. Plantation with Big Ed - big toe joints on left foot very painful, so standing on holds was hard (despite stacking pain killers and vitamin I). ankle on right foot swollen and painful so walking was hard. obvious solution was to stick to steeper stuff, so did laps on bullworker, steep traverse, sloper traverse and edited highlights of green traverse variants - whilst helping Ed sort his beta on these. best day on grit for ages.
Sa - throat worse, DIY etc
Su - new lego film at cinema with kids

measles23

• stalker
#34 Re: UKB Power club 397 2nd Oct - 8th Oct
October 15, 2017, 01:20:05 pm
Su - new lego film at cinema with kids

Is it awesome??  :)

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"