UKBouldering.com

UKB Power club 386 17th - 23rd July 2017 (Read 9583 times)

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
I forgot to add - my fingerboard sessions were motivated entirely by Nibile yelling in my ear calling me a motherfucker. Thanks Nibs!
No problem Murph!
Should you be interested, I can send you an audio file with the real deal, just for 4 FuckAlls.

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
Monday yoga early, 35km bike ride, repeaters pm
Tuesday trail run early 5km, repeaters pm
Wednesday road run early 5.5km, bouldering on wave evening
Thursday turbo trainer early,  wave session
Friday turbo trainer early, run evening
Saturday turbo trainer early, wave session, 3 goes at 7a+
Sunday turbo trainer early, cornice: 6 or 7 routes to 7b feeling pretty tired and getting pumped easily

Decent week again, as Keith reassured me on Sunday shouldn't be too disappointed with one rest to lead a 7a+ at the cornice last route of the day....

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
2 weeks in the heat of Lanzarote, but managed a bit of exercise at least.

S - evening run - 5.5 k
M - snorkelling and open water swim
T - SUP session - 2.6 k - struggle - bit windy and choppy. Run / hike up volcanco. Had to walk top half of ascent, but run along ridge at the top was amazing. Descent was like kitty litter, would have been a fun scree run with boots on.
W - surf session Famara - good waves, onshore, but some nice faces.
T - snorkelling, bit disappointing, tide too low.
F - surf at Famara - bit disappointing, but still nice to enjoy warm water.

S - 6.5 k run along walkway at Playa Blanca
S - Snorkelling. Amazing
M - Open water swim - 400m, 2 k run in evening to Playa Mujeres beach and back
T - nothing
W - 5 km SUP to Playa Mujeres and back. Hard work, but a great trip. Should have taken some water was knackered afterwards and crashed out.
T - Snorkelling / Swim at Paya Dorada, circa 350m. 2 k run to Mujeres and back again.
F -  Fat Bike along the coast - 10.5 km. OK fun, but wouldn't buy one.
S - travelled home.
S - knackered.

Also swam in pool with and without kids most days, only put on 6 lbs in the 2 weeks in spite of eating too much and drinking more than usual. Back to climbing again tonight.

fried

• forum hero
Seem to have missed a couple of weeks...

Week 1 - BM session, went to isatis, warmed up, started pouring, went home. Went back at the weekend did some easy stuff and repeated L'incommode. Hot hot hot.

Week 2 - Too much work, went to Gorge aux chat and unsurprisingly got anwhere with the humid conditions, but no worse the before. Sunday at Canche aux merciers...climbed well until the top out and backed off far too much.

This week nothing...just cooking for my bday. Targassonne next week.

tomtom

• forum hero
I forgot to add - my fingerboard sessions were motivated entirely by Nibile yelling in my ear calling me a motherfucker. Thanks Nibs!
No problem Murph!
Should you be interested, I can send you an audio file with the real deal, just for 4 FuckAlls.

Where is your training vid Nibs - where you say grab the hold and pull fucking hard - or something like that?

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
 ;D
I closed my Vimeo account, will put something on Youtube!

T_B

• forum hero
Anyone care to elaborate on soft Cornish E5s? Do they exist?

Evil Eye has been upgraded. It's safe at least from what I can remember. Don't get on it in the sun!

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
Anyone care to elaborate on soft Cornish E5s? Do they exist?

Evil Eye has been upgraded. It's safe at least from what I can remember. Don't get on it in the sun!

cheers Tom! Got any beta? Any other Cornish recommendations E1-5? Safe is what I like to hear! I did Kafloozalem in the baking sun about 10 years ago, and can still remember how greasy it was...

duncan

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  Don't get injured.
MTG: E5 by end of August.

I'm on for it. Team tick of these two final week of August! Anyone care to elaborate on soft Cornish E5s? Do they exist?

Assuming upgraded E4s like Evil Eye are better bets...West Face has a well-protected hard section, habrich has done it and seemed to think it a possibility. Burning Gold at Carn Les Boel, sounds like it needs dry conditions and Littlejohn's forearms.

Otherwise...not much is there?

hstmoore

• player
Although it's not E5 I highly recommend a trip to Carn Les Boel, as Duncan suggested, to do Interspace E4. The route is excellent, steady but pumpy, and blasts right up a very impressive face in a lovely situation. When we abseiled down there we were greeted by 2 seals swimming around in the turquoise water. If sea cliff climbing was featured in an American movie, it would look like this.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Not done it and doesnt seem popular on UKC logbooks but High Street Blues at Sennen looks very do-able.

Anyone done it?

andy popp

• forum hero
I thought Dog Town at Carn Barra was good and fair at the grade (though not a soft touch necessarily).

psborland

• regular
M. BBC did new  V3-V5 circuit . Weighted pull ups 5@+25kg 5@+30; 3@+35kg.
T.
We.
Th. Ancap home board. Some improvement added 2 reps to the last set.
F. In-laws arrived for weekend.
Sa.  core routine b1 1.5 rounds before anyone woke up.
Su. Hangboard max hangs, improvement, added weight to all 3 grips. Possibly because it was one of the few times I've been completely fresh & 3 days since last trained ?

Next week (w/c 31st) I'm off work if anybody's looking for a sport partner weekdays.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal