UKBouldering.com

Ivy removal at The P (Read 2233 times)

bolehillbilly

• stalker
Ivy removal at The P
July 15, 2017, 12:10:46 pm
Over the past week or so someone been systematically chopping the ivy at the right side of the crag just right of the problem Human, Kind above the approach.

It's very clear in the online information on the Southern Esoteric Bouldering Companion and on the UCK logbook that there should be no ivy removal and also no route development as this could create an access issue.  I will update this to make this even clearer following the this post.

The land is owned and managed by DDDC and at present they have no objection to the bouldering but this sort of behaviour is likely to raise concerns.
The P is a very public spot so any removal is highly visible and public.
The ivy covered section is adjacent to the public walkway and stripping ivy by cutting the base of the ivy and pulling it will likely cause rock fall.

If the person responsible reads this, please stop before you create a problem. 
If you are at The P and see this happening please have a word.

old cheese

• obsessive maniac
  • does my arse look big in this
#1 Re: Ivy removal at The P
July 16, 2017, 09:00:28 pm
What shocks me is why someone would think it was ok to remove ivy on a piece of rock directly above a footpath! How short sighted, did they not wonder what would happen in a year or twos time. Rock could easily fall down on folk walking past. I fear that once the council see it they will fence it off. Bloody idiots. All for 2/3 basic moves into a traverse!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal