UKBouldering.com

Green Alternative crimp wobbly (Read 2663 times)

Eddies

• forum hero
Green Alternative crimp wobbly
July 08, 2017, 01:55:36 pm
Just back from the Tor and the last left hand crimp is wobbly!
I'm pretty sure it wasn't like that last week. I had a good look at it today and it's fractured all around the hold and wobbling about. A piece to the left, about the size of a 10p coin is also loose.
Is anyone able to glue it up please?
I cut my session short because of it, so I'm keen to get back up there as soon as it's repaired.

dave

#1 Re: Green Alternative crimp wobbly
July 08, 2017, 02:05:00 pm
Wouldn't surprise me, I broke that hold throwing for the top jug in around 2010. Would gluing it just be gluing it to more shit?

tomtom

• forum hero
#2 Re: Green Alternative crimp wobbly
July 08, 2017, 03:45:54 pm
Glued up to glued up shit could the the tor guidebook description in 2100.. ;)

Kingy

• forum hero
#3 Re: Green Alternative crimp wobbly
July 12, 2017, 11:42:23 pm
Just back from the Tor and the last left hand crimp is wobbly!
I'm pretty sure it wasn't like that last week. I had a good look at it today and it's fractured all around the hold and wobbling about. A piece to the left, about the size of a 10p coin is also loose.
Is anyone able to glue it up please?
I cut my session short because of it, so I'm keen to get back up there as soon as it's repaired.

I glued the hold as best I could tonight. I tried to get the hold off by wobbling it about a bit but it was stubbornly staying put. Without hammering it off, it seemed best to attempt to consolidate the hold as it was. I reinforced below the hold and along all the micro cracks where it was wobbling and have made the 10p sized piece stable. I hope it works. If not then the next step would be to glue the hold back on if it comes off. Ultimately, this would be a better solution so if this happens, post up here. The sika went off shortly after the job so its good to go!

Eddies

• forum hero
#4 Re: Green Alternative crimp wobbly
July 13, 2017, 05:54:43 pm
Thanks a lot Ted, I owe you one [emoji106]just need to find a belayer now... Ben and Paul have eloped to Moat Buttress!

Kingy

• forum hero
#5 Re: Green Alternative crimp wobbly
July 13, 2017, 06:37:05 pm
No problem, I hope it lasts! If not, there is more sika left in the gun...

user deactivated

#6 Re: Green Alternative crimp wobbly
July 13, 2017, 11:17:34 pm
Jonny 'll be happy about that Ted!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal