UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club Week 383 26th June - 2nd July 2017 (Read 8819 times)

tomtom

• forum hero
Funny reading Shark and TomTom's differing experiences of the same trip. I thought Helsard was funny too.

Its funny on paper. But -  if you're at a pretty esoteric bouldering spot (where you 5% chance of seeing anyone else) and your first words to someone arriving having burst through the undergrowth are "Hello, are you a Helsard?"... its not what I think the gentleman was expecting... :)

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
Not ideal conditions.

Not ideal? It was baking Simon!It was great for sunbathing....

Sidehaas

• stalker
Funny reading Shark and TomTom's differing experiences of the same trip. I thought Helsard was funny too.

Its funny on paper. But -  if you're at a pretty esoteric bouldering spot (where you 5% chance of seeing anyone else) and your first words to someone arriving having burst through the undergrowth are "Hello, are you a Helsard?"... its not what I think the gentleman was expecting... :)

Where is the bouldering at Helsby - or do you mean either Frodsham or Harmer's Wood?
Thanks

tomtom

• forum hero
There's some at the top - and three smaller buttresses in the woods...

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1

You need to lower your embarrassment threshold. A weekend bouldering with Seb and some of my Geordie mates will sort you out.

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
Perhaps we've identified the final marginal gain limiting Shark's performance.

We all thought it was #climbfaster, when in fact it's generating the dreaded #bantz that's holding him back. Coming up with all those pithy remarks all takes energy and focus Simon, save it for "getting to the horn"!

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
 :o No banter!!!  :tumble:

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
I'm absolutely stunned that any Cheshire local (let's not forget the proximity to that Mecca of mirth - Liverpool), when faced with the mildest craic going, could have any reaction other than immediately returning fire with a pithy retort. Very disappointing attitude. I thought "Helsard" was quite a pleasant opener to what could have been a wonderful session of rib-tickling and teasing.

I ONLY go to the crag for the piss taking; any climbing which takes place is purely incidental.

andy_e

• forum hero
I've booked a session with Tommy next week in his cellar, I heard he's got a craic machine so hopefully it'll improve my heckling skills.

36chambers

• forum hero
I ONLY go to the crag for the piss taking; any climbing which takes place is purely incidental.

Like you could get up anything anyway.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1

Like you could get up anything anyway.

Premium banter right there

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
That's the stuff.

:boxing:

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Hard to believe it was Tom Leppert anyway. His bantz have always kept me well on my toes; he spent a whole session telling me he knew who I was but wouldn't let on how.

tomtom

• forum hero
Lots of hair and a tache?

Edit. Just googled and yes it was him...
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 09:33:19 pm by tomtom »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal