UKBouldering.com

Centre with the best training area (Read 3867 times)

Alex Smurthwaite

• addict
  • "If you don't let go, you can't fall off !" Jerry
Centre with the best training area
June 25, 2017, 09:34:57 pm
Which centre in england has the best training room. Personally big fan of the board at rockover. Although dont rate either of the manchester depot boards. Too big!

haydn jones

• forum hero
Toms roof at stoney middleton

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
The Foundry.

Reprobate_Rob

• menacing presence
Is the answer.....5?

B0405413

• addict
The Leeds depot has a brilliant 30 board, I don't particularly like the Manchester 30 board because the footholds are too big, as a lot of others I've spoken to have said.

dave

Schoolroom - best training room without the distraction of punters, kids, posh coffee, pilates classes etc.

cowboyhat

• forum hero
The Stronghold in North London.

i.munro

• junky

I've been wondering if that was a good bet in the heat - I'm getting conflicting stories about whether it has a/c?

cowboyhat

• forum hero

I've been wondering if that was a good bet in the heat - I'm getting conflicting stories about whether it has a/c?

Conflicting stories? We don't have air con, loads of fans though and a good through draft with the loading doors open.

Back on topic Stronghold is still the best training area in London.

(For the record I am an interested party)

Do any large walls in the UK have full a/c? Serious question I have no idea. The other London walls are all as boiling as each other once they fill up with bodies on a summer evening.

Evil

• addict
I don't know for sure, but I do believe that Vauxwall has full air conditioning. Don't know if you class it as a large wall, though I think it's expanding shortly.

Coops_13

• forum hero
    • YouTube
The 55 at Biscuit Factory is mega...

Everything else is not though...

i.munro

• junky

loads of fans though and a good through draft with the loading doors open.

thanks

Rocksteady

• forum abuser
  • Crank
  • Hotter than the sun!
The new Oakwood centre in Wokingham (30-odd miles from London) has a pretty good training set up.

Lots of fingerboards with pulleys set up, 2 boards, a lattice board that can be set at various angles. Separate extensive area for circuits. Mostly quite quiet at the weekends when I've been. Let down at the moment by the fact that the campus board doesn't have rails beneath for feet on campussing. No aircon but big fans and open loading doors.

csl

• junky

Finally visited this place yesterday, it's definitely the most extensive training area in London. Massive circuit board, steep board, campus boards, rings, fingerboards, freeweights etc etc. (Thankfully no adult monkeybars)

I got a bit overexcited by the giant circuit board and my arms were toast in about 30 minutes.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal