UKBouldering.com

Kilnsey - Bad parking (Read 2562 times)

danm

• junky
Kilnsey - Bad parking
July 05, 2016, 06:49:57 pm
Kilnsey has been busy and popular recently, what with many of the Peak sport crags suffering from the damp spring and summer. Poor parking has started to become a major issue, BMC access update here: https://www.thebmc.co.uk/kilnsey-access-problems

etjoset

• addict
  • Twiddle that knob
#1 Re: Kilnsey - Bad parking
July 05, 2016, 08:09:58 pm
This is an important issue, which I am glad has been raised here.

1)   I don’t think that anyone should be parking on the main road directly opposite the entrance to the farmer’s field, even though the double yellow lines don’t actually start until a little further along the road towards the village. Twice now I have witnessed the farmer struggling to turn a tractor and trailer into the gateway at the entrance to the field due to inappropriate parking.
2)   The farmer currently kindly permits parking just off the road in the “square” adjacent to the gate into the field. Please only park there if you can do so without encroaching across the gateway. This space is not suitable for large camper vans.
3)   I don’t think anyone should be parking on the grass verge opposite the pub in the village, and certainly not on the part of that verge that has been neatly mowed.
4)   If you arrive and the accepted parking spaces beneath the south end of the crag are all occupied, please make the effort to park sensibly elsewhere (as suggested by the BMC): it is only a five-minute walk.

danm

• junky
#2 Re: Kilnsey - Bad parking
June 21, 2017, 11:26:09 am
People are once again threatening access to Kilnsey by parking inconsiderately, some bad behavior is causing problems at Malham too:
https://www.thebmc.co.uk/malham-kilnsey-access-issues

TL:DR Park considerately and don't leave draws in place

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal