UKBouldering.com

Wild Country Shoes with Michelin Rubber... (Read 13167 times)

danm

• junky
Brands like BD will tend to offer a good discount to the retailer for buying across the product range, i.e if you place forward orders above a certain value in multiple sectors (clothing, footwear, climbing hardware, packs, tents) you'll get a bigger margin than someone who just cherry-picks the likely best sellers from the brand. This makes it possible for them to break into new market sectors.

Tenaya have been around for years and their shoes are well regarded despite the narrow parochialism of many UK climbers who can't see past Scarpa, 5.10 and Sportiva. The days of getting resoles in Stealth are long gone, even Boreal has decent rubber these days on their better shoes. 5.10 build quality went really bad, I've heard lots of reports of returned new pinks for example, but should hopefully pick up once Adidas get their QA systems online there.

Palomides

• forum abuser
Don't Red Chilli use the same rubber as Continental tyres or have I just made that up.

top-end conti tyres have "Black Chilli" rubber, but I sort of assumed that it came from the shoe company to Continental, instead of the other way round.

The WC video says "Michelin Formula Wild Compound". Michelon use "Wild" in the naming convention of their MTB tyres, and recently they've been both increasing investment in their off-road tyres and doing collaborations with other types of shoes, like these

dave

I hear these new Michelin shoes are really comfy, so you'll never tyre of wearing them.

Aren't they in danger of treading on competitors' toes?

As long as they're not selling them at inflated prices.

andy_e

• forum hero
They'll definitely be expensive. Daylight rubbery.

dave

I hope they're not a let down.

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
I've heard they're the pits.

andy_e

• forum hero
If that's the case then the manufacturers need to get a grip.

dave

If that's the case then the manufacturers need to get a grip.

We'll see prices slashed.

andy_e

• forum hero
I wonder if they'll puncture the profits of other companies though?

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
I expect that by being the first to brake into rock shoe development, what they're wheely trying to do is corner the market.

Personally, I think the whole range of shoes will look worn pretty quickly, and will be on skid row before long.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 02:41:31 pm by Will Hunt »

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
Red Chilli don't seem to have that much traction here in Bavaria, even though the company is driven by local wad Stefan Glowacz

dave

I expect that by being the first to brake into rock shoe development, what they're wheely trying to do is corner the market.

Personally, I think the whole range of shoes will look worn pretty quickly, and will be on skid row before long.

Maybe I spoke too soon.

andy_e

• forum hero
I wonder if the market researchers have gauged the pressure in the market correctly.

dave

They clearly think it's a goodyear to do it.

jfdm

• obsessive maniac
To generate traction they need to first get a toe hold into the rock shoe market.

cha1n

• forum hero
Could be interesting if Michelin use their 'energy saving' rubber, I noticed a difference in my mpg on my car with them. Any way to save energy on the climb init...

tomtom

• forum hero
I wonder if the market researchers have gauged the pressure in the market correctly.

Its clearly over-inflated.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
Maybe Shark will Climb Faster™ in these.

tomtom

• forum hero
Superb picture!

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Kid wants nothing to do with that shit.

Rightly so.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal