UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club Week 379 29th May - 4th June (Read 8018 times)

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
M.

T. PM/Eve Malham Worked Mescalito 7c+. Had a hard time on it. Battered

W. Battered by Louise

T.

F. PM/Eve Malham. Greasy. Struggled on redpoint as far as massive undercuts on New Dawn but couldn't move off them. Done in after that

S.

S. PM/Eve Better conditions except for large underlap you undercut at 20 feet which felt like a bar of soap. Got past it once on redpoint but couldn't recover on good shake above.

Struggled to bring myself to write this week's entry. Its demoralising climbing out of a performance dip even though experience tells you it is temporary. Also my paltry attempts were somewhat 'overshadowed' by Steve's magnificent achievement 

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Also my paltry attempts were somewhat 'overshadowed' by Steve's magnificent achievement

Yeah I was a bit gutted to have soloed some routes at Burbage only to find that Honnold had done El Cap.  I'm such a failure.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Yeah I was a bit gutted to have soloed some routes at Burbage only to find that Honnold had done El Cap.  I'm such a sarcastic dick.

FTFY

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
Also my inexplicable pissing about on routes I'd done years ago were somewhat 'overshadowed' by Steve's dedication to getting down to some proper work and getting the job done

Yeah I was a bit gutted to have soloed some routes at Burbage only to find that Honnold had done El Cap.  I'm such a failure.

Surely you have done Mescalito years ago, surely? It's easier than New Dawn for weak over crimpers (IE I think it's easier) You should piss it!

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Surely you have done Mescalito years ago, surely? It's easier than New Dawn for weak over crimpers (IE I think it's easier) You should piss it!

Yes aware of all that. Thanks for twisting the knife

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
Also my inexplicable pissing about on routes I'd done years ago were somewhat 'overshadowed' by Steve's dedication to getting down to some proper work and getting the job done

Your right. Its easy compared to New Dawn. Mescalito is basically 3 7a+/b short routes on top of each other with good rests in between.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal