UKBouldering.com

Carrock Fell lowball easy access bangers 6C-7B (Read 4941 times)

tomtom

• forum hero
Up in N lakes for the weekend at MrsTT's staying exactly 18 min from Carrock - it's a bit of a story but MrsTT initially banned me from taking bouldering mats - but I managed to negotiate taking my smallest (1 by 1m snap pad).

I'll only have time for quick <1hour trips early/late when the baby is asleep... so... any recommendations for problems in that range that can be covered with my postage stamp area mattage?? And not at the top of the slope :)

Thanks in advance [emoji106]

T_B

• forum hero
The Prow. Given 7C but more like 7b especially if you're a lanky so and so. One powerful move off deck / long reach to seam crimp with left hand then tricky foot shenanigans to get your feet up. Check vid beta (betabouldering not lakesbloc) some methods are no doubt wack and 7C. Everything else i saw that was tricky needed loads of pads (it's a talus field).

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
it's a bit of a story but MrsTT initially banned me from taking bouldering mats - but I managed to negotiate taking my smallest (1 by 1m snap pad).

Have you been doing some secret reading, Tom?

dave

Beware of this talk by T_B of the prow being piss. I did three on-paper 7cs that day and couldn't touch this thing.

cofe

• forum hero
There's that 7a arête on the McHaffie's Crack boulder.

tomtom

• forum hero
Cheers both. Negotiating extraction from family based activities so so far proving tough... banking on a dual mother-baby nap coincidence...

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
it's a bit of a story but MrsTT initially banned me from taking bouldering mats - but I managed to negotiate taking my smallest (1 by 1m snap pad).

spare changing mat, yeah?

get a brightly patterned fleece cover for your main pad and - voila! luxury playmat!

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
There's that 7a arête on the McHaffie's Crack boulder.

And above that on the Rouse's Wall block there's sit starts to the problems round to the left at 6C-7Aish. Not exactly king lines but into easy finishes.  Actually Boardman's Arete SS is a decent 6C (or 6B+?) isn't it, once you have the higher (5+?) finish worked out.
Think there's been some foam stashed somewhere around that boulder both times I've visited.

PipeSmoke

• menacing presence
Theirs loads of stuff in the grade range you're looking for by mchaffies crack. Also some stuff in middle near hi karate . Get the PDF and have a look , absolutely loads to go at

tomtom

• forum hero
Thanks all.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
what you need is some strong and stable leadership

tomtom

• forum hero
what you need is some strong and stable leadership

Despite good connies today it looks like 'no climbing means no climbing'.

I'm building up boulderpoints(tm) by taking TT jnr for a long walk whilst MrsTT rests.... I even did 20 min traversing on the outside of the cottage yesterday... that's dangerously close to endurance training for my liking, but desperate times mean....

tomtom

• forum hero
Theirs loads of stuff in the grade range you're looking for by mchaffies crack. Also some stuff in middle near hi karate . Get the PDF and have a look , absolutely loads to go at

Thankfully I still have the PDF on my phone... so I can whistfully look at what may be :)

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
I'm just around the corner from Carrock, it's pretty windy today! Keep up the good job earning the brownie points though.

tomtom

• forum hero
Thanks Mike - thanks all. Managed 60-90 min yesterday early eve. Cracking conditions - no bracken, no midges (wind) yet only one other party at the whole crag.

I thought I only had an hour so went off like it was a sprint - then had a cal to say I could have an extra half hour - after an hour :) (btw - now 4 bars of 4G on EE at Carrock..).

I just arsed about on the low Boulder. Did a couple of the v2's and spent ages figuring out how to top out McHaffies (stand). Always takes me ages to calibrate myself to Carrock burl... tried the 7's on the lh side and got thoroughly spanked - probably need two mats for the sit on McHaffies as well as some bigger muscles.

tomtom

• forum hero
Minor thread bump - back near Carrock again (Yeeha) - and had a good session working the 7A's on the left side of the Boardman Boulder..

Are there any vids of folk on these - as I'm not sure if my sequences are legit/along the right line?

Notably the 5+ top felt very much not that if I follow lines strictly... and the 7A just left of The arête - can't figure the line for that.. lh in the big pocket on the face???
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 03:25:05 pm by tomtom »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal