UKBouldering.com

dukes seat. Peak District. (Read 1580 times)

static steve

dukes seat. Peak District.
April 26, 2017, 05:09:49 pm
3 new problems on 2 blocks between Poacher Trap and Thin White Duke.
On the right hand block: "Age Concern" - right arête on its left from standing. Step off the small domed block.
On the right hand block: "Bingo Wings" - Centre of the wall on slopers. from standing. Step off the big block. No aretes.
On the left block: "The Tower of Power" - Sit start using both aretes to a flake. Finish direct or step right on to the slab.
Steve Fletcher 21.04.2017

old cheese

• obsessive maniac
  • does my arse look big in this
#1 Re: dukes seat. Peak District.
April 28, 2017, 07:50:27 pm
 how hard are they Steve?

static steve

#2 Re: dukes seat. Peak District.
April 28, 2017, 11:08:31 pm
I'm not really sure. There's a bit of beta for the arete. If it feels harder than 6c then your probably not doing it how I did it. I think it's it's a good one.
The problem up the middle I reckon is 6b+/c. Start on the big block and just use the slopers I've cleaned. They're mega. There's a few tiny blobs for your feet. I rocked up on the thin seam.
The thuggy one to the left ...6b? Sit start off the sloping block. Not a very good landing but you won't fall off it.
There's potential for sit downs to the first 2 and a different start to the 3rd which rocks round on to the slab. My fingers were sore by this point so I gave up and drank my tea.
Let me know how you get on dude.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal