UKBouldering.com

Bielsa Info (Read 1990 times)

abarro81

• forum hero
Bielsa Info
March 21, 2017, 08:30:07 am
Anyone been to Bielsa?
Is there anywhere to stay there (won't have a van) or is it just places for vans and putting a tent up at night? Also, any advice on the best topo/guide for the place? I presume it's similar to Rodellar in terms of temperatures/dryness/seepyness? Thinking about a visit late Sept/early Oct...

jwi

• forum hero
    • On Steep Ground
#1 Re: Bielsa Info
March 21, 2017, 08:48:32 am
Bielsa is in a very expensive part of Spain. The valley hosts the preferred ski-resort for the Spanish royal family and the Madrid upper class. Even the campgrounds in Bielsa are rather expensive.

The best lodging I've found is the auberge in the absurdly beautiful village Sin, about 10 km east of the main valley. Look for Albergue de Sin on google/booking.com.

The (only?) guidebook for the area is Grimpe en vallées d'Aure et du Cinca. Otherwise you can look for the hand-drawn topos in the bar in Salinas, near Devotas/Superdevotas, which is nice if you want to have grades that are less french...

After this winter I think there will be a lot of seepage well into late May, but I'll try to ask around.

tomrainbow

• player
#2 Re: Bielsa Info
March 21, 2017, 07:32:40 pm
When I went we just parked the van by the road...plenty of options but the one we found nearest Devotas was the best. Not sure about seepage situation but if you have a look on 8a.nu you will see that the majority of logged ascents are summer and autumn, so it will likely be a bit seepy at this time of year.

Great crags though.

RichK

• menacing presence
#3 Re: Bielsa Info
March 27, 2017, 05:08:20 am
Similar to Rodellar in terms of seepage. It was bone dry last September when we were there.
The new French guide mentioned earlier is available at the garage on the right, just beyond Bielsa heading nth.
There is a very goood campsite with a pool etc 5 mins drive from Devotas or Foz de canal.

http://www.campingbielsa.com

They have a few cabins, camping and there's a hotel. €40 a night for a room from memory.

It's an awesome spot.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal