UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club Week 368 13th - 19th Mar 2017 (Read 8519 times)

petejh

• forum hero
STG: Send existing projs at Crag X (NI), Mega Crag X (NI), G.Orme and Gideon.
MTG: first 8b+ (Mecca), spring. Continue bolting/sending new routes at Mega Crag X (spring-summer). Explore more of Ireland. Send 2 projs on L.Orme (late summer)
LTG: 8c, by June 2018

Week 6 / 10 before Mecca.

M. Boardroom. Ancap on campus board. 4 reps of 1357,down ladder, back up 1357. 10mins rest then repeated. 6 reps completed, last 2 reps failed at 50%. Good.
T.
W. Boardroom. Aerocap on circuits. 1 on/off on 7a+ circuit. 10 mins rest then repeated.
T.
F.
S.
S.

Awful week, for other reasons.

nik at work

• forum hero
Stg: stop the rot
Mtg: something longish, hardish, free.
Ltg: something longish, harder-ish, free.

M-nowt
T-rushed afterwork session outside at the traverse wall. 1x7b, 1x8a, 1x8a+, 1x8b (with a fall), 1x8a+, 1x8a, 1x7b.
W-nowt
T-nowt
F-nowt
S-nowt
S-was supposed to have an afternoon of freedom but ended up with the small child so the brief weather window in an otherwise shite weekend of rain couldn't be exploited. Did a shamefully short BM session while making tea in tge evening to avoid the shame of posting a mono-session week.

Not a classic. Two quick short sessions is not enough. Need to sort out time in life issues...

Duma

• forum hero
Hope you're ok pete

filz

• addict
Still struggling with my right arm, so I did a light week

M: hiit. Skipping rope and jumps
W: weights. Deadlifts, farmer's walks

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
MTG: first 8b+ (Mecca), spring.

Week 6 / 10 before Mecca.

Awful week, for other reasons.
Shit Pete, i hope everything is not as bad as it seems at the moment. Hit me up for Mecca belays anytime. It'd be great to see you do it. I hear it's been dry for the vast majority of the winter.

petejh

• forum hero
I shouldn't have typed that. More 'awful' by my own making, self-imposed.

Thanks for the offer I'll defo be taking you up on it!

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE

webbo

• forum hero
Mon. Bike 84.45 miles 4 hrs 59 mins.
Tue. 30 warm up problems the repeaters 5 secs 5 off x 5 5 sets 2 mins between sets with 42 lbs added. Dumb bell workout.
Wed. Nothing.
Thu. Board system style problems 20 efforts after 15 problems to warm up. Bike 63.77 miles 3 hrs 38 mins.
Fri. 30 problems to warm up, then same repeater session as Tuesday. Dumb bell workout. Drove to the Lakes.
Sat. Walk a long Haweswater lakeside lot s of showere about 5 or 6 miles.
Sun. Drove home in the rain. Nothing.

the_dom

• forum abuser
    • The Blog
A week that started OK, went to shit, then improved.

Monday: Easy hike.

Tuesday: Intended to be an easy, de-load day at the gym, instead I ended up feeling really strong and doing nearly all of the new problems. Slight foot infection from a blister..

Wednesday: Deadlift de-load and hangboard. Foot infection hasn't cleared up. Slightly concerned.

Thursday: Foot proper swollen. Doctor. Antibiotics. Just what I need 24 hours before getting on a plane to go on a climbing trip.

Friday: Get on a plane after a seriously long day. Foot swollen and sore.

Saturday: Land at Heathrow, get car and drive to Sheffield to pick up mats from the rammed and chaotic Works. Foot swollen, sore and as dispiriting as the weather. Walked around Burbage North in the rain.

Sunday: Foot slightly better. Decided to find / wander around Almscliff. Long drive. Raining. Ended up at the Depot having a really good session climbing most of a V5-7 circuit. Walked out into clear skies and wind and went to Curbar where, battered, I clawed my way up Gorilla Warfare in the cold. Good end to the day.

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
I shouldn't have typed that. More 'awful' by my own making, self-imposed.

Apologies in advance, I'm going to be revoltingly pretentious, but I have to use that English Literature degree for something....

"The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a hell of heaven, a heaven of hell" (Paradise Lost)

I'm currently quite enjoying climbing inside on auto belays, what more need i say?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal