UKBouldering.com

CWIF 2017 (Read 11227 times)

rich d

• forum hero
#25 Re: CWIF 2017
March 20, 2017, 05:28:04 pm
Finals looked awesome, really enjoyed the live stream.

Could the BMC take a similar approach to streaming the BBC/ BICCs in future?
It was the most professional of all the streams I've seen yet, really enjoyed it, although I do find it harder to be motivated when Shauna isn't dominating the field.

gingerninja

• menacing presence
#26 Re: CWIF 2017
March 22, 2017, 09:43:11 am
a few pics from the cwif www.domworrall.co.uk/dom/cwif2017

Durbs

• forum hero
#27 Re: CWIF 2017
March 22, 2017, 11:33:00 am
Great show I thought :D

Agree the men's was a little tough - but when you've got such a strong line-up in the Quali's including Jimmy Web, Sean, Chon, Rustam etc. it must be really hard to get the level  right.

Melissa and Jule looked insanely strong for climbers who have retired from comps. Michaela looked on good form, anyone know if she's doing the full circuit this year?

Would've been nice to see some Pooch and/or MM as they're potentially very strong contenders for the season.

Agree with most that I'm really not a fan of the new 4-minute rule.
It removes a lot of the tension, and also makes slabs or overly technical routes less likely to appear, or if they do - it'll just be one or two attempts.
Surely also either makes it harder to get tops, or routes will get easier to accommodate shorter recovery time.

Graeme - is this set for this season (and all others) or do you think it'll change given the generally negative feedback from the fans (and climbers?)?

I like the suggestion on t'other channel of a "4+, 5-cap" format, i.e. if you're on the wall before 4 minutes is up, you can climb for 5 minutes, but if you drop on the mat at 4:01 your go is up. 
Allows for post-buzzer excitement, whilst still remaining TV-friendly.

I'm kinda surprised that they're bowing to TV schedules... I think it's great they're being shown on TV, but seems they could remove some of the filler if they wanted to reduce show-times.

Also seems strange you get longer for semi's than finals?

dr_botnik

• addict
  • Not actually a dr
#28 Re: CWIF 2017
March 22, 2017, 08:52:52 pm
I'm kinda surprised that they're bowing to TV schedules... I think it's great they're being shown on TV, but seems they could remove some of the filler if they wanted to reduce show-times.

Thought Graeme had qualified that this wasn't for that reason. He said something about each competitor requiring a level playing field to meet standards for an olympic sport

Edit: on tother channel

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
#29 Re: CWIF 2017
March 22, 2017, 09:18:52 pm

Thought Graeme had qualified that this wasn't for that reason. He said something about each competitor requiring a level playing field to meet standards for an olympic sport

Edit: on tother channel

I said the opposite  :tease:

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
#30 Re: CWIF 2017
March 22, 2017, 09:24:07 pm
Graeme - is this set for this season (and all others) or do you think it'll change given the generally negative feedback from the fans (and climbers?)?

Rules have been changed before mid season but more because they were unworkable rather than because people disagreed.

Eg in Speed the Rule that you must be motionless was scrapped after 1 comp as it was unworkable. If you lost a race you Appealed and of course you won the Appeal as inevitably you were moving after 'On Your Marks' was called. This is different, the Rule is workable so who knows.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
#31 Re: CWIF 2017
March 22, 2017, 09:38:20 pm
Also seems strange you get longer for semi's than finals?

You get 2 minutes observation time in finals but not in quals hence the difference in climbing time.

It has been suggested that Observation time could be reduced to 1 min and climbing time increased to 5 min. This has advantages beyond what the proposer knows :-)

There is an IFSC meeting in Turin this weekend, shit will be discussed I am sure.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal