UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club Week 365 20th - 26th Feb 2017 (Read 8846 times)

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
UKB Power Club Week 365 20th - 26th Feb 2017
February 26, 2017, 09:44:02 pm
Mon Yoga and core before work, run 20-25 minutes Yoga and core after.
Tue Yoga and core before, Foundry autobelays, 18 routes 5-6c+
Wed Turbo session before work, Foundry autobelays: 21 routes 5-6c+
Thu Turbo session; Foundry, autobelays: sets of doubles (6c+/6b+) X4. 3-5 minutes between sets.
Fri Turbo session before work; 30 minute run in the evening.
Sat turbo session morning; Foundry autobelays: arms didn't really feel properly recovered from previous session
Sun Turbo session early- ish. Auto belays at the foundry, 3x (6c+ x2) 20 routes total: feeling a bit fitter and reasonably recovered.

Decent week, especially considering several long work days.  Provisionally planning a summer trip to Ceuse, desperate to get next operation out of the way as soon as possible...

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Thanks Toby

11.2-4

M. Lunch Yoga. Eve  Depot steep yellow 6a+ 1x1 2x2 1x3 2x4 1x3 stricter with 10min rests between goes hoped for 3 x Quadruples but an improvement on last Monday.

T. 

W. Evening. Fingerboard Max hangs. Crimps. Matched PB of 10 sec hang on 16mm edge with +17.5kg but the time I did it before I weighed 4lbs less so all time PB in absolute terms but still nowhere near the improvements I got in drag strength. Why is that?

T.  Afternoon. Sytems board AnCap Similar performance to last week. Maybe slightly better

F.

S. Noon. Too wet for outside. Swung by Foundry and Paul was on routes. Decided to join in. Tied in for the first time in months. Wasn't to shameful given grades are though here. Did some warm ups then tried hard and got high on a 7a+ and then a 7a then dogged the marvelous black 7c up the Troll Wall (7c my arse). Good sess. Got cramp in my lats after

S. Noon. Suspect weather so went to Rivelin with Ben. Surprised not see others there. Set to work on Purple Haze 7A+. Got all the moves in the end in about 4 sections. Got a great way to do the last move - no knees! Getting quite fond of the place

Good week. Easy week next week. No one seems up for doing a Lattice test. Mina keen for Malham so going there instead on thursday. Probably have a session on Raindogs - cant imagine enough of the the Oak will be dry enough to work. Seem to be eating less each week but not losing weight.  :(

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
STG: Left leg pistol squat
MTG (Spring 2017): Redpoint 7b
LTG (<= 5 years): Redpoint 8a before I hit 60.

M: Shoulder & knee strengthening
T:   Moonboard. This was about my fifth time on a moonboard, and felt like a breakthrough session: went from barely stringing two or three moves together to being within one move of topping my first problem (Cat Attack). yyfy. Recommendations for further relatively soft 6B+'s welcomed.
W: Boulderwelt with M jnr. Light session avoiding steep crimps. KB shoulder presses afterwards.
T:
F: Moonboard. Not as good a session as Tuesday.
S: Drive to Ötztal for family holiday
S: Snowboarding

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
2017 Goal: 8 of 40

M - rest/ short light cardio
T - AM FB Session - matched best ever total hanging weight, 5x +88lbs.  Then 10 MB problems 7A-7C
W - Work/Travel
T - Work/Travel
F - Boulder Outside in Gold Bar, Washington. VERY Good boulders.  After snow in AM and concern about no chance of getting out, managed to tick a 7C+/8A, a 7C+, and 7C.  Very good to get outside and see the effects of training. 
S - Skate Ski 3mi, shovel off a couple boulders in prep for March efforts
S - Skate ski 8mi

Felt rwally good to get a day in outside at a new place.  I wish the conditions had been just a bit better as many topouts were quite wet, and being solo with just 2 reg pads, many problems were just not feasible.  Pushed it way to far anyway and spent 15min on the 30ft slab topout of the second 7C+.  Not smart, but lived through it. 

Now for 5 day travel/work spell with no chance for climbing.  Trying out a portable FB to see if i can get something in...

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Light week

Mon -
Foundry - bit tired (and hungover) but warmed up surprisingly quickly after two days off. Worked a couple of L3s and the long (12 moves) red Elite problem, dabbled on Moonboard but was favouring the Wave. Did one of the L3s all bar knocking my elbow on a L1 jug while reaching for the top. Sussed all moves on the red but too tired to link.

1/2 Aerocap sesh

Yoga Stretching back home

Tue rest

Wed
AM - Garage - long warm up, created/adapted problems for 4x4 & AnPow workouts. 1/2 AnCap session with reduced rest times.
PM - 1/2 AeroCap

Thu -
AM -  Garage - 1/2 4x4 session, bit messy.
PM - Massage, remembered why I shouldn't train on the same day.
Eve - Yoga class

Fri - Cue Johnny Cash

Sat - (start of new block) Garage bouldering, worked six projects, closing in on three of them.  Shoulder weights/rehab.

Sun rest

T_B

• forum hero
M - Autobelays, warm ups then 4 sets of 5. Mainly on black 6b+ and yellow 6c.
T - Ran home. Later pm Homeboard. Good session, much better than the previous Sunday. Repeated two hardest problems.
W - London en famille museums
T - London en famille museums
F - Ran to work. Lunch, Wave. Felt a bit knackered and couldn't finish long purple/black spots. Pm Ran home.
S - PM Homeboard. Mainly put some more holds on and worked out some L2 type warm ups, as previously it was either jugs or crimps. Now have some nice draggy warm ups holds.
S - AM Run.

Managed more than I'd expected this week, but only one really good quality climbing session. Middle right finger still in the background, but not getting worse. Losing more weight and feeling weaker for it  ;) Definitely feel like I've lost climbing focus - probably need to do some short circuits and have a longer evening session on the Wave this wk.

Coops_13

• forum hero
    • YouTube
Been AWOL for a few weeks as resting elbow and been on a diving trip in the Pacific  :2thumbsup:

STG: Fix elbow for Swizzy
MTG: 7C
LTG: 8A

M
T: Squash
W: Physio seemed pleased with progress, gave a load of higher loading exercises to do and said to ease back into climbing
T: Elbow rehab
F: Drove to N Wales for old uni climbing club Annual Dinner
S: Carreg Hyll-drem for a couple of hours, did all the V4 up problems a few times. Took it easy on my elbow, felt fine. Afternoon sat in a Welsh pub cheering the Scots on  :smart:
S: Drove back to Birmingham to watch the England game then back to London

I'm unsure how my elbow is with the odd symptom of nerve impingement around. Going to do a couple of light indoors sessions this week to see how it reacts to steadily heavier loading.

tomtom

• forum hero
Last week can f*ck off.

On a week of climbing abstention to try and get my back feeling better...

M: To set the mood for the week.. back still aching, persistent headache and low level cold symptoms..
Tu: app based yoga stretch 30 min
We: app based yoga stretch 30 min
Th: Deadhang (short session) then Yoga class at Depot. I really enjoyed it. The highlight of my week. Too wacked to climb afterwards..
Fr: Some stretches again - still feeling shit though...

M>Fr was child free - as I was either away from home, or MrsTT and child were away. This gave ample opportunity to sleep lots. I didnt :(

Sa: Visitors over (wifes cousin and hyperactive - but pleasant daughter). I had to go and lie down for a couple of hours in the afternoon.

Su: Felt shit. Really shit - as if very hungover. Puked a few times, nothing would stay down. Felt better by 6-7pm but still done in. Exactly the same as I felt last Sat...

Frustrating run-down-ed-ness and weird ghost hangover symptoms (I only drank 1/2 glass wine last week) - had this checked out about a year ago by doc - load of blood tests etc.. that all came back negative. Worrying/frustrating.

Anyway, my back feels great today - so might try climbing this week....

James Malloch

• forum hero
Bit of an easier week for me after doing a bit too much on the board last week so soon after injury.

M -
T -
W -

T - City Bloc - tried the comp circuit which went pretty well. I was taking it easy so didn't try the harder things but flashed about 2/3 of the problems.

F -

S - Raven Tor. Warmed up repeating Too hard for mark leach 10+ times with different beta and then managed the campus version a number of times. Spent an hour or so trying Bens too.
First moves to the pinch were okay. Managed to get the next pocket and into the kneebar a few times but not from the start - I find it really hard to make the toe hook work.
Struggled getting my feet across once on the crimp and LH undercut but once there I find the cross through move really easy to get into the finish.
One to get back on next time I'm in the peak.

S - Burbage in the morning. Did remergence start second go whilst trying to get warm. Tried blind fig but got nowhere really, way too cold so went to outside café. Works in the evening - did some boulder circuits and bits on the comp wall.
Managed 1-3-5 on the campus rungs, on both sides, for the first time in years (I am terrible at campusing).
Nearly flashed the easy way up the motherboard but dropped the top hold. Did it next go and then first go when trying the symmetric version. What a good board.

No one seems up for doing a Lattice test.

Shark - are you doing this yourself or a paid assessment? I'm wanting to do it myself so would be up for it (self-assessed for now), though I can only do evenings at the moment. Thinking of getting a paid one once I've got my trip next month out of the way.

Plattsy

• forum hero
S. Noon. Suspect weather so went to Rivelin with Ben. Surprised not see others there.
Others were there just not where you were.  ;)

Palomides

• forum abuser
Better week, with added core.

M - Rest

T - Beastmaker 5B (one set). Having problems with "half crimp", feels difficult to engage fingers and keep sagging to open hand on the last couple of repetitions. I don't think I've ever really deliberately used a hold like this, I either open hand or full crimp everything. Will persevere.

W - Physio for knee (post-operation). Left leg is now visibly smaller than right. Compex and exercises. He also identified that my hamstrings are ludicrously tight, so am under strict instructions to stretch them out.

T - Beastmaker 5B (two sets). Completed - I think I've been backing off second sets a bit too much. From now on will only stop sessions if failing about half way through the 7 reps

F - Still restricted for sport, so bought a set of cheap Decathlon TRX-copy straps. Tried the Climbing.com routine. Either it's strangely unbalanced as a routine or I have extremely weak shoulders. Probably both. Exercises range from trivial to nearly- impossible for me. The first specific core training I've done in about 20 years..

S - Rest

S - Still feeling effects of suspension training! But spent an hour raking gravel and digging up edging stones (felt like training..)

Duma

• forum hero
Goals:
Good winter bouldering season,
8A (Hunters Roof? Full Power?)and 8b by next June
In shape for SA in summer.

Body Audit: Shoulder ok. Fingers: DIP joint on RH middle finger still tender, feeling ok when climbing but bit of pain after.
Sleep: Ok ish apart from Weds.
69kg.

M: TCA, they'd had a comp at the weekend so Mothership had been reset - spent session on these so pretty steep and shouldery. good session, managed all but one that I tried (~7hrs, 0dk)
T: TCA, went round the comp problems - pleased to get up them all, 2 third go. Managed the one on the Mothership that eluded me the day before too. Another good session, feeling pretty strong (~6.5hrs, 2dk)
W: nothing. (~4hrs, 1dk)
T: Was going to do comp at Bloc but M4 traffic nightmare meant 45 min commute took 4.5 hrs  >:( (~7hrs, 4dk)
F: nothing. (~7hrs, 4dk)
S: Bloc, comp set, really good session - did all but two of the qualifiers, of those one I dropped matching the top and the other was a dirty slab which the crux of was boning screwholes in a volume. Flashed all the finals which was really happy with, but renewed frustration at the traffic on thurs... Top of DIP joint pretty tender afterwards though (~6hrs, 5dk)
S: TCA, still feeling Saturday's session so pretty easy, did a few of the new blue circuit (6's) at end of warm up, then brief attempts at the 3 I'd not tried on the mothership - 1 was ok did the moves on another but not enough beans to link, third was nails, my triceps still hurt. (~7.5hrs, 2dk)

Drank too much, and pretty annoyed at circumstances meaning I missed a couple of comps I'd have probably done well at, but feeling really good climbing wise atm.

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
I actually got back into it after birth of baby #2 a few weeks ago...

M: First week back in the office proper. Shoulder massage on lunch. Painful but good.
T: Session at (new, closer to work) gym. Row, then squats, various weights. Struggled to even do 3 x 10 pullups
W: Ouch. DOMS. Back to gym on lunch for row, then deadlifts and various other weights, with bike sprints to finish.
T: Double ouch. No gym on lunch.
F: Felt a bit better but working from home so no exercise done. Put up an Ikae wardrobe on my own though.
S: Nowt.
S: Nowt apart from a long walk in the park with a grumpy 3-year-old, trying to allow other half and baby to sleep.

36chambers

• forum hero
M: lunch time circuits
T: Indoors. Climbing with a taped tip so struggled on the board. Ended up just pissing around but did do 3 sets of AnPow on the 50 at some point.
W:
T: Entertaining guests. They arrived 35 minutes early (who does that?!) so only managed 1 set on the fingerboard.
F: Made it to N. Wales for 3:20 pm, too late to check out Sheep Pen so settled for Cromlech. Managed about 20 minutes on Jerry's before being rained off. Like Tetris, I think I'm destined to never catch it on a good day.
S: Beacon. Climbed my first indoor "7C"... Ended with a good core session.
S: Fingerboarding. Having never done any isolated finger work, I thought I'd try two finger repeaters. Went with 4 sec on, 6 off, as an introductory intensity. Pockets on the BM2K just felt awkward more than anything else.   

Dolly

• forum hero
M Gym core
T Went to Burbage, which wasnt very dry. Looked up at Remeregnce roof but saw that the mist was blowing directly onto the rock. Went to Rivelin and had just over an hour before it rained properly. Decided I need a spot for the last move of Purple Haze. Shark I'm keen to go and finish it if you are sometime this week ?
W
T Couldn't get back from Brighton as trains were cancelled. God there are some brilliant places to eat all over the city. I'd be massive if I lived there.
F Had a couple of hours at the Plantation after got back from Brighton. Still can't do Zippy's. I nearly do it first or second go whenever I try it then just get worse.
S Gym core
S Road bike. Need to get some miles in before trip to Spain in a few weeks

fried

• forum hero
M-W - Nothing, left shoulder still a bit sore, tried a pull up and that wasn't happening at all.
Th - Indoors, 2h  a lot of volume, avoiding shouldery stuff
Fr -
Sa - Wanted to do a lot of easy stuff to get my feet working a bit, god knows why but I went to Apremont, played on bits and pieces, did some yellow problems, poor choice....hot too in the sun. Failed to repeat les yeux. poor start to the season, climbing nervously
Su - A bit of a cold.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Crap week

M - boulder session down the wall. Felt creaky elbows after moonboard session on Saturday, so not too full on, decided a rest is in order.
T - 5 k run to get car, weather minging
W - Nothing
T - Nothing
F - Brief play on new turbo trainer - "8 km"
S - half hour in pool while kids getting lessons actually enjoyed getting in water. Long walk
in afternoon, ended up with youngest on shoulders.
S - 22.5 km on turbo trainer.

Luke Owens

• forum hero
    • My Blog
Double from me as I missed last week...

13th - 19th Feb

M:Rhiw Goch lamp sesh - Very cold session, difficult to try hard on sharp crimps. Repated Gap of Rohan (6C) had a bunch of goes on White Rider (7A+) and no closer than I've ever been on it, last move never gets easier.

Tried Moria (7B), can now do the move I couldn't do last year, figured out the beta for most of it but it still feels beyond me at the moment.

T: Lunch -
2 x 10 Press-ups, 2 x 10 Scapula Pull-ups, 2 x 10 Dorsal Raises
6 x 10s Tuck levers

Eve - Plas Power - 2 x 8 min on 2min rest LI-AeroCap.

A short hour session, summond home as Daughter wasn't well. I ended up not well either...

W: ill

T: ill

F: ill

S: Felt a bit better so went to Plas Power

2 x 8 min on 2min rest LI-AeroCap

Max hangs - 20mm edge - Open crimp
R1: 10s (+2.5kg), R2: 10s (+5kg),
R3: 10s (+7.5kg), R4: 10s (+7.5kg), R5: 10s (+7.5kg)

Did a new roof problem big moves on fairly good holds.

Did a few problems on the 25' board that took a few goes to complete then tried a font style sloper problem, close but didn't manage it.

S: Orme - West Shore Boulders

Did:
Warm up wall (5C)
Warm up traverse (6B+)
Warm up arete (6B)
Little (6C)
Winter Warmer (7A+)

Had 3 goes on Lusitania (7A+) and fell of the end, worked out the beta but felt to boxed for another go, it's a long (~12 move problem), good to know I could do it fresh.

Had a few goes on a short 7A came close but skin and tiredness took over.

Ended up feeling really ill again later on in the eve, pushed myself too much after illness in the week...

20th - 26th Feb

M: ill

T: ill

W: Lunch -
2 x 10 Press-ups, 2 x 10 Scapula Pull-ups,
4 x 15s Tuck levers
Forearm excentric curls between reps

Eve - Plas Power - 2 x 8 min on 2min off LI-AeroCap

R1: 10s (+2.5kg), R2: 10s (+5kg), R3: 10s (+7.5kg)
R4: 8s (+10kg) R5: 8s (+10kg) R6: 6s (+10kg)

Did roof project in a few goes and managed another cool one in the roof, big moves.

Did font style sloper project from last Thursday on the 25' board and another new problem with the same sloper. Did a few made up problems that took a few goes.

Made a Popcorn Party replica on the woody, did it a few times.

T:   Lunch - 50 Crunches (+5kg)
10s Side plank both sides (+5kg)
5 x 5sec L-hangs
10sec Tuck Lever
3 x 10 Dorsal raises (+5kg)
5 x 5sec L-hangs
10sec Tuck Lever
50 Crunches (+5kg)

Eve -Plas Power - 2 x 8 min on 2min off LI-AeroCap

R1: 10s (+2.5kg), R2: 10s (+5kg), R3: 10s (+7.5kg)
R4: 10s (+10kg) R5: 9s (+10kg) R6: 8s (+10kg)

Did a new roof problem on small holds, felt good using smaller holds in the roof now, body tension improving. Have a new project on the roof, big stretched out move off a LH 1 pad pinch to a RH incut pocket. Almost did a the move a few times.

20' Board - Repeated some old ~7A's of mine, felt pretty easy which was nice. Repeated 2 sloper problems from last session, easier this time.

AnCap - 7 x 12 moves (2min rest). Powered out half way through rep 7.

F: Lunch - Max weight narrow pinch
Repeated the below for both arms
1 min between reps:
R1: 10s - 12.5kg, R2: 10s - 15kg, R3: 10s - 17.5kg
1.5 min between reps:
R4: 10s - 20kg, R5: 10s - 20kg, R6: 10s - 20kg

S: Rest - Took the kinds to a Pantomime

S: Rest - Decorating our sons bedroom

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Recommendations for further relatively soft 6B+'s welcomed.

Static Vacation is ok, more overgraded than sandbag.  I find the top move bunched and tricky but if you're tall enough to keep you foot on the low foothold it'd be a lot easier.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
S. Noon. Suspect weather so went to Rivelin with Ben. Surprised not see others there.

Extremely elusive if they were - I patrolled the full length of the crag.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1

Shark - are you doing this yourself or a paid assessment? I'm wanting to do it myself so would be up for it (self-assessed for now), though I can only do evenings at the moment. Thinking of getting a paid one once I've got my trip next month out of the way.

Just myself now. Its handy to do it in pairs as that way someone concentrates on the stopwatch whilst the other one climbs. Evenings can be a problem at the Foundry as the lattice board is more likely to be busy or booked.

My current approach is to do three hard weeks training then an easy week which includes a lattice test after two full days rest so following this schedule I'll do the next one end of March. Having said that Paul Reeve messed up the timings on the last one and this week I'm going to Malham instead.

James Malloch

• forum hero

Just myself now. Its handy to do it in pairs as that way someone concentrates on the stopwatch whilst the other one climbs. Evenings can be a problem at the Foundry as the lattice board is more likely to be busy or booked.

My current approach is to do three hard weeks training then an easy week which includes a lattice test after two full days rest so following this schedule I'll do the next one end of March. Having said that Paul Reeve messed up the timings on the last one and this week I'm going to Malham instead.

I did wonder about evenings as I imagine it's pretty busy on it. Sounds like a sensible approach to take though and similar to myself (3 weeks and then a light week). I was hoping to do a test in mid-late march as I get back from Spain on the 18th so may get one booked in.

I'd be interested to hear how you get on at Malham and the current state of play. I've my eye on lots of things this season. Hope it's not too cold!

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
Power Club

Mon - hill sprints x 6; boxing bag.
Tue - rest.
Wed - wanted to try my project, but got home late from work Goddammit. Hit the garage then, trap bar deadlifts (low handles) 108 kg x 3, x 5, x 5; farmer's 108 kg 25" x 2. One arm work. Front lever pulls 5 x 2. Boxing bag 10'. It's great to know that with all the new toys I can put in a great session even whit little time.
Thu - climbing class. Campus board PE, rung 6.
Fri - one foot campusing + 10 kg x 10.
Sat - was feeling strong for board climbing, but had terrible skin and was a bit tired. So did poorly. Took my vengeance doing a Litvinov, 10 x deadlift 68 kg + 1' boxing bag x 4 times. 1' farmer's. Brutal. Very satisfying.
Sun - dumbbell complex; boxing bag, combinations and final Tabata.

Strong week. I am a machine.

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
I actually got back into it after birth of baby #2 a few weeks ago...

congratulationsTTT!

Plattsy

• forum hero

We were on Mini Beaks from around 12 until 2. Then had a look around the quarries.

psborland

• regular
M. Home board; 1 arm max hangs (-11.5Kg l/h -16Kg r/h 5 seconds x3 ) Deadlifts- 80;85;90;95 Kg

T. Core routine b; pressups 2x40; shoulder routine with bands.

W. BBC pink circuit, felt weak.

Th. Hangboard (strength) 3x 7 on 53 off. 5 positions.

F-Su. weekend away with GF promised no training !!

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1

We were on Mini Beaks from around 12 until 2. Then had a look around the quarries.

Aha - Mini Beaks is Rivelin Quarries too (according to UKC logbooks anyway). Different crag entirely ;-)

petejh

• forum hero
STG: Send other M10 DT route at Manod Not going to happen, couldn't get a partner , then had a partner but was ill so bailed. Packed axes away until next autumn. Send existing projs at Crag X (NI), Mega Crag X (NI), G.Orme and Gideon.
MTG: first 8b+ (Mecca), spring. Continue bolting/sending new routes at Mega Crag X (spring-summer). Explore more of Ireland. Send 2 projs on L.Orme (late summer)
LTG: 8c, by June 2018

Week 3 / 10 before Mecca.

M.
T. Boardroom. HI aerocap on circuit board. 1 min on/off x 10 on purple circuit (6c). 10 mins rest. Repeated on grey circuit (7a+). 10mins rest. Repeated, 5 reps on 7a+, 5 reps on 6c.
W. Boardroom. Ancap on campus board, large metolius rungs. 13579, ladder down, ladder back up to 7. Rest time = 4 x work time. 3 sets of 4 reps with 10 mins rest between sets. Failed progressively earlier on each of the last 4 reps.
T. Fought to get to airport. Flight to NI cancelled due to storm.
F. Fingerboard max hangs. 20mm edge (BM slots with battery in). 5 x 10secs with 20kg. Flew to NI in evening.
S. Bit of route prep at crag X, too wet to climb.
S. Londonderry wall. Ancap on campus board. 13579,ladder down, ladder back up to 7. Rest time = 4 x work time. 2 sets of 4 reps with 10mins rest between sets. Failed on last 2 reps (tired). Tore large flapper in little finger while down-laddering.

Finger/knuckles still a bit swollen but thankfully nothing broken. Started bolting a mega 30 metre prow at mega crag x on Monday.

the_dom

• forum abuser
    • The Blog
Not a bad week, but not enough climbing..

Mon: Hike and home core

Tues: Deadlifting at lunch (up to 6 x 135) and a big hangboard session in the evening.

Wed: Went for a hike in the morning, then physio for my shoulder. After a solid hour of painful myofascial release, all I was good for in the evening was drinking champagne on the beach. Which I did.

Thurs: Woke up with shoulder feeling pain-free for the first time in ages so decided to do an early morning hangboard session. Shoulder was sore immediately thereafter. Bollocks. Lunchtime deadlifts (up to 5 x 135 - feeling tired). Too tired / sore to do anything in the PM, despite my best intentions.

Fri: Short campus session - my first in ages. Depressed at how massively weak I am after my shoulder injury. First the 2 month layoff and then the focus on climbing relatively pain-free (for the last 2 months) has meant no lock-offs etc, which means that previously trivial warmups felt maximal. Oh well, at least there's room for improvement.

Sat:Relatively unpsyched AM bouldering followed by a good hangboard session. Followed by wine, and more wine. And some more wine.

Sun: A big day out.. drinking wine and eating incredible food in Franschoek. Training? Not so much.

webbo

• forum hero
Mon. Turbo 1 hour.
Tue. Nothing
Wed. Nothing
Thu. Board just repeating not bad session. Turbo 1 hour.
Fri. Bike 75.32 miles 4 hrs 35 mins.
Sat. Nothing.
Sun. Nothing.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal