UKBouldering.com

Wrist issues (Read 1733 times)

Danny

• junky
Wrist issues
February 19, 2017, 09:37:17 pm
I'm getting random sloper pain when taking holds with a cocked wrist. On the pinky side. A Google tells me this probs isn't carpal. I'm guessing something like extensor carpi ulnaris tendon aggravation. Had anyone had this issue? It's not really so bad at the mo, but I'm thinking of applying the extend under load type principle that's so effective with elbows. Any wisdom?

Danny

• junky
#1 Re: Wrist issues
February 24, 2017, 10:06:01 am
I've seen a small improvement in comfort with ~week of regular stretching with this issue. I'm tucking my elbow in by my side at a 90 degree bend and presenting my sore wrist palm up. I'm then taking my other hand, grabbing my wrist and twisting it clockwise (my LH is twisting my RH). I'm either doing it as a passive stretch or, by resisting the twist, extending under load. I think. Might graduate to something weight based in a few weeks, but unsure about how that's going to work—I think it's something like the loaded extension of the "accelerating a motorbike" type movement.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#2 Re: Wrist issues
February 24, 2017, 09:50:06 pm
google TFCC

see a good sports physio.

And hope it's a tendon strain.

good luck.

Danny

• junky
#3 Re: Wrist issues
February 25, 2017, 10:25:38 am
Ouch. Seems unlikely it's that, but thanks for the heads up. Physio a good plan though, because my armchair diagnosis is obviously lacking.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal