UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club Week 364 13th - 19th Feb 2017 (Read 8751 times)

James Malloch

• forum hero
Does anyone know when you go into the undercut? Seen a video today of someone getting into it whilst low which seemed like a good idea.

I get it whilst low, before going to the ramp. Originally I jumped to the ramp, but I think it's much easier to just crank to it with a heel or a heel-toe (I saw someone fall off with the heel-toe. He was just swinging there off his foot whilst his 3 "spotters" fumbled around. Luckily he was completely fine afterwards) :thumbsup:

Cheers - The beta I was given at the time was to move into it after you've got the ramp, with the heel-toe still in. I didn't actually try it for fear of what you just mentioned!

When trying from standing with the undercut I found it okay with a lower toe rather than getting into any heel stuff, though the top sidepull in the ramp was much worse than I was hoping for (though maybe I got the wrong bit?).

Will give it a proper go next time I'm there.

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
I've fallen off with that heel-toe in there, missed all my spotters and ended up kind of hanging there. Proper freaked me out and killed my psyche for the whole day after that.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Missed all your spotters?

A polite way of saying your spotter tomtom wasn't paying attention.

I might have been there too :whistle:

James Malloch

• forum hero
I'm hoping that using a toe doesn't add too much and eliminates that risk...
Are the top holds okay to finish on?

webbo

• forum hero
Mon. Board mirror session 41 problems. Bike 15.48 miles 56 mins intervals 20 secs 40 off x 5 3 sets.
Tue. Work nothing again
Wed. Work did nothing again.
Thu. Royal Armouries with daughter and grandson. I planned to train when I got back ended up going to the pub for tea.
Fri. Board did a few new things failed a few as well.  Bike 18 miles 1 hr 2 mins intervals various lengths 17 efforts.
Sat 30 problems to warm up then repeaters 5 secs on 5 off 5 sets with 39.25 lbs added.
Sun. Bike 64.26 miles 3 hrs 50 mins.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal