UKBouldering.com

Training in the heat (Read 1903 times)

monkoffunk

• forum abuser
  • sponsored by 90% lindt and vitamin D
Training in the heat
June 20, 2017, 06:14:55 pm
If you are stupid enough to countenance training in temperatures like this, what makes most sense to do? Accepting that everything is going to be much harder, is it reasonable to assume that either say power vs stamina will suck more in the heat? For some reason I'd assume stamina would be worse, but no idea really whether that is true or not in any vaguely scientific way.

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#1 Re: Training in the heat
June 20, 2017, 08:38:46 pm
I'm doing an aerocap base phase built around the jwi 600-moves-per-session plan at the moment, the target being Kaly in the Autumn. It's hard(er) on the skin in the heat but otherwise not a problem. Whereas I find trying anything hard basically impossible in the current heat & humidity, both through lack of friction and general lack of will to live.

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#2 Re: Training in the heat
June 20, 2017, 08:46:51 pm
I basically keep doing the same kinds of training that I do during the rest of the year, except board climbing, because the holds are just painfully hot.
At the moment I fingerboard more often.
I reckon that training power or HIIT is a nightmare of sweat, fatigue and fire breathing.
I'd say that doing long laps of ARC on jugs with taped fingers could do the trick, if you fancy such an abomination.
Should you need more info, you can check my Power Club entries of the last 8/10 weeks. It was 39,5 degrees today in Florence, by the way. 'nuff said.

monkoffunk

• forum abuser
  • sponsored by 90% lindt and vitamin D
#3 Re: Training in the heat
June 21, 2017, 08:58:11 am
Ha, ha wow.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal