UKBouldering.com

Post climbing soreness (Read 4439 times)

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#25 Re: Post climbing soreness
January 12, 2022, 05:48:07 pm
I've just watched a good detailed video about the The Romanian Deadlift (RDL) which states that it isn't really a deadlift at all as the weight should never touch the floor. Try it, what could possibly go wrong?

I’ll look out for a suitable rock at the crag

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#26 Re: Post climbing soreness
January 12, 2022, 09:58:57 pm
The Si O'Connor workout :)

Rocksteady

• forum abuser
  • Crank
  • Hotter than the sun!
#27 Re: Post climbing soreness
January 18, 2022, 02:29:04 pm
I went to grumble to my physio once about a similar thing. He said "you're in your late 30s, you're trying really hard at a physical sport, and you're complaining that you're trashed afterwards? Right. Have a hot bath and a rest"

If I was trashed in the same way as everyone else seems to be I wouldn’t be concerned

I always get this and did throughout my 30s. If I go for a hard day climbing my back and shoulders are always super sore the next day. Feel stiff and tired. Doesn't feel like DOMS to me which I was used to from weightlifting days.

I think it is to do with tightness/instability in some postural muscles leading to over-compensation from other muscles.
I've never solved the problem and tend to just live with it but I am one of the most injury prone people I know so not a good benchmark. The mobility exercises people are suggesting seem like a good shout.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#28 Re: Post climbing soreness
January 18, 2022, 02:47:41 pm
I’ve been doing a few mobility exercises before leaving crag and when getting back to our accommodation and it seems to be working

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal