UKBouldering.com

New training book from GimmeKraft (Read 8573 times)

BicepsMou

• regular
New training book from GimmeKraft
October 25, 2016, 11:34:19 am
Apparently there's a new book out from the Gimme Kraft guys, called ‘Gimme Kraft Air’:

http://cafekraft.de/en/laden/produkte/gimme-kraft-air/

Text copied from their website:

<<Climb Better, Feel Better. Climbing Training Meets Good Health.

MOBILITY. STABILITY. STRENGTH.

Climbing training, trinity is still your name! A great leap forward for your entire body on so many levels, making you not only a better climber, but also a more healthy one: Because it’s all about balance and equilibrium.

Simon Friedrich, our physiotherapist, offers you the best training exercises and enables you to use them – your perfect basis to build your own workout routine, no matter if you’re a newbie or a fitness buff. The bonus benefits: Faster recovery, better mobility, less prone to injuries, more success, and more fun at climbing. >>

-> Anybody already had a look and could share impressions?

standard

• obsessive maniac
#1 Re: New training book from GimmeKraft
October 25, 2016, 12:07:26 pm
given how shit the first one was, i probably wouldn't even browse this one if i was next to it in a shop.

36chambers

• forum hero
#2 Re: New training book from GimmeKraft
October 25, 2016, 12:34:16 pm
given how shit the first one was, i probably wouldn't even browse this one if i was next to it in a shop.

+1.

I couldn't resist hijacking the thread... but if it is anything like the last one, it will be nothing short of terrible. I still can't believe I actually paid money for it :wall:

"makes you stronger, better and happier", what hogwash.

joel182

• obsessive maniac
#3 Re: New training book from GimmeKraft
October 25, 2016, 01:21:33 pm
From looking through it, it seems very similar to the last one. Some great pics in it  of people deadlifting at the crag.

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
#4 Re: New training book from GimmeKraft
October 25, 2016, 01:57:28 pm
+1. I couldn't resist hijacking the thread... but if it is anything like the last one, it will be nothing short of terrible. I still can't believe I actually paid money for it :wall:
"makes you stronger, better and happier", what hogwash.

I wrote a review of the first one for a climbing magazine, I wanted to title the review '1out of 10 climbers'. That might have been a bit generous,on reflection.

jfdm

• obsessive maniac
#5 Re: New training book from GimmeKraft
October 25, 2016, 03:33:57 pm

If this video is anything to go by no thanks.
I'd rather do this down the gym than at the crag.

dave

#6 Re: New training book from GimmeKraft
October 25, 2016, 03:37:54 pm
What, are you guys not already carrying a pushup stands and a fucking barbell & weights to the crag?

ghisino

• forum abuser
#7 Re: New training book from GimmeKraft
October 25, 2016, 04:15:54 pm
I oubviously inspired them

petejh

• forum hero
#8 Re: New training book from GimmeKraft
October 25, 2016, 04:52:19 pm
You should instagram that. Really organic.

Scouse D

• forum hero
#9 Re: New training book from GimmeKraft
October 25, 2016, 06:32:56 pm
That looks bobby bullshit. Who's gonna deadlift without a mirror wall? I mean COME ON PEOPLE!

Dave Flanagan

• forum abuser
#10 Re: New training book from GimmeKraft
October 25, 2016, 07:33:28 pm
I wrote a review of the first one for a climbing magazine, I wanted to title the review '1out of 10 climbers'. That might have been a bit generous,on reflection.

I reviewed it for Irish Mountain Log, was a bit surprised they ran it (probably didn't even read it). Posted it on my site and one of the authors wrote a massive comment that made as much sense as some of the text in the book.

Particularly pleased with this "While it may accurately reflect the German content, it reads horribly. Weird phrasing, lots of mergingwordsfornoreason and hypens-every-where."

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#11 Re: New training book from GimmeKraft
October 26, 2016, 11:47:09 am
I have no words to describe well enough the sense of growing inner anger that that video generated in my otherwise calm spirit.
Seeing what these sad individuals are trying to do to our beautiful discipline makes me want to buy a Stealth bomber and carpet bomb every fucking climbing destination on this planet, just to see how these idiots will cope with it, just to ruin their plans.
I eagerly await for a new book specifically addressed at "Crossfit for climbers" and maybe also "Meditation for climbers". "Put flowers in your chalkbags" stickers are not far away, I reckon.
At that point I will start going again rock climbing, but with a sledgehammer and a flame thrower.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#12 Re: New training book from GimmeKraft
October 26, 2016, 05:36:13 pm
I eagerly await for a new book specifically addressed at "Crossfit for climbers" and maybe also "Meditation for climbers". "

No need to wait

tomtom

• forum hero
#13 Re: New training book from GimmeKraft
October 26, 2016, 05:54:05 pm
I've been working on my tome 'Procrastination for Climbers' for a number of years now....

BicepsMou

• regular
#14 Re: New training book from GimmeKraft
October 27, 2016, 07:59:25 am
For once there seem to be an almost unprecedented consensus about a topic (=this book) in the community!
 :2thumbsup: ;D

cjsheps

• obsessive maniac
  • The Hero Gotham Deserves.
#15 Re: New training book from GimmeKraft
October 27, 2016, 08:50:18 am
Seeing what these sad individuals are trying to do to our beautiful discipline makes me want to buy a Stealth bomber and carpet bomb every fucking climbing destination on this planet, just to see how these idiots will cope with it, just to ruin their plans.
At that point I will start going again rock climbing, but with a sledgehammer and a flame thrower.

Beautifully sums up the current state of things. At the risk of sounding like an old man, it seems like climbing is losing its rebellious streak, and becoming another horribly dishonest pursuit where negativity is Not Allowed.

On a related note, yoga may be a useful physical tool, but FUCK the lovey-happy-namaste stuff. Trying to be so unhealthily positive just winds me up like a spring. It's like forced repression of emotions.

tomtom

• forum hero
#16 Re: New training book from GimmeKraft
October 27, 2016, 10:52:50 am
I blame Adrian Chiles.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#17 Re: New training book from GimmeKraft
October 27, 2016, 11:38:46 am

Beautifully sums up the current state of things. At the risk of sounding like an old man, it seems like climbing is losing its rebellious streak, and becoming another horribly dishonest pursuit where negativity is Not Allowed.

On a related note, yoga may be a useful physical tool, but FUCK the lovey-happy-namaste stuff. Trying to be so unhealthily positive just winds me up like a spring. It's like forced repression of emotions.

http://bigthink.com/robby-berman/moving-beyond-positive-thinking?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#link_time=1477488325

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

petejh

• forum hero
#18 Re: New training book from GimmeKraft
October 27, 2016, 04:00:39 pm

http://bigthink.com/robby-berman/moving-beyond-positive-thinking?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#link_time=1477488325

Blimey! Turns out setting realistic goals that have recognisable outcomes, and then planning how to deal with foreseeable obstacles in the way of achieving them, is an effective strategy. There I was thinking I was bonkers.

DAVETHOMAS90

• forum hero
  • Dave Thomas is an annual climber to 1.7m, with strongly fragrant flowers
  • Don't die with your music still inside you ;)
#19 Re: New training book from GimmeKraft
October 27, 2016, 04:31:30 pm

Blimey! There I was thinking I was bonkers.

Don't worry, you weren't alone  :P

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#20 Re: New training book from GimmeKraft
October 27, 2016, 05:17:13 pm

Blimey! Turns out setting realistic goals that have recognisable outcomes, and then planning how to deal with foreseeable obstacles in the way of achieving them, is an effective strategy. There I was thinking I was bonkers.

Exactly.

I was pretty sure.

But I wasn't positive...

.............................[emoji222]
[emoji12]

bendavison

• obsessive maniac
#21 Re: New training book from GimmeKraft
October 27, 2016, 06:19:14 pm
I thought the first book looked good before I got one and it was remarkable only by it's ability to consistently disappoint. This one doesn't even look good.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#22 Re: New training book from GimmeKraft
October 27, 2016, 07:44:46 pm
I eagerly await for a new book specifically addressed at "Crossfit for climbers" and maybe also "Meditation for climbers". "

No need to wait

Sod "crossfit".... crosswords are the secret to climbing tickage.  Settling down to solve a few clues is my chosen way of pacing myself - to avoid getting back on a problem / route still tired from the last try.  I hope to become a life coach, targeting those eager to attain simultaneous mediocrity in the fields of climbing, cruciverbalism, and coopered tot appreciation. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal