UKBouldering.com

Finger/Shoulder conundrum???? (Read 1997 times)

Nigel

• forum hero
Finger/Shoulder conundrum????
September 03, 2004, 10:20:45 am
This might well be a question for sports boffins like TH, but I'll have a go. I'm looking at an shoulder operation in just under two weeks, which is going to result in one arm being strapped up and immobile for at least a month, doctors orders not to stress it. Basically I would like to find out any novel ways of training the old fingers without putting any load through my shoulder joint at all. Obviously there's grip masters etc I just wondered if there was anything more isometric  :?:

Cheers.

P.S. Anyone had ant type of arthroscopic surgery on their shoulder? Any personal experiences appreciated. Especially for SLAP lesion repair, which is what I need doing. Ta.

account_inactive

• forum hero
#1 Finger/Shoulder conundrum????
September 03, 2004, 11:12:07 am
Funny you should ask.  I've just had a banchart lesion repaired a month ago.  I'm not 100% sure but the 1 month of immobility is for open surgery.  I was told the same thing but was allowed limited mobility straight away (under shoulder height)

As far as the fingers go you are in a bit of a strange situation. The only device I know of that would stress the fingers enough is the one used to test finger strength.  It looks like this

If you are being told 'no movement' it is going to be difficult to get the arm into that position!  You will also find that its hard to isolate the fingers/forearms to start off with.  

If you want a chat PM me  :D

Fingers of a Martyr

• forum hero
#2 Finger/Shoulder conundrum????
September 03, 2004, 01:16:17 pm
As far as the fingers go you are in a bit of a strange situation. The only device I know of that would stress the fingers enough is the one used to test finger strength.  It looks like this

it wud be fairly sweet if every climbing wall had one of them. the top boyz in britain shud all do it and find out who has the strongest fingers. :twisted:

dave

#3 Finger/Shoulder conundrum????
September 03, 2004, 01:17:14 pm
no need. i can tell you now its the gaskizzle.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal