UKBouldering.com

Cala Barques parking (Read 2056 times)

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
Cala Barques parking
October 08, 2016, 08:53:00 pm
Hoping to pay a visit this week at some point. The net is full of horror stories of people getting parking tickets and hassle from the police for parking in the wrong way out otherwise looking like a tourist. Can anybody send me a precise Google link showing where it is legit to park and a description how to park without getting busted. I'm really keen to avoid a fine and am not really sure on what the police can/can't fine you for in Spain.

dunnyg

• forum hero
#1 Re: Cala Barques parking
October 08, 2016, 11:48:23 pm
The policia do what they want, so be prepared to get on your knees guirri. 5 0 were leaving as we turned up but we went anyway. Seem to remember loads of them. Didnt get a ticket.... Everyone knows when your abroad parking fines dont cpunt anyway. Memory hazy, ex birdoss may remember more if you pester her? Probs not though. Guessing that is no use other than confirming the guarda civil do go there and its worth finding out. Dont let it stop you going though!

ashtond6

• obsessive maniac
#2 Re: Cala Barques parking
October 09, 2016, 02:01:22 am
If you wanna be super safe:

Coming from porto cristo, on your right 1/4 mile before the barques Lane is main parking.

I parked on the main road, police were there and no ticket

That is from September this year
Hoping to pay a visit this week at some point. The net is full of horror stories of people getting parking tickets and hassle from the police for parking in the wrong way out otherwise looking like a tourist. Can anybody send me a precise Google link showing where it is legit to park and a description how to park without getting busted. I'm really keen to avoid a fine and am not really sure on what the police can/can't fine you for in Spain.

If you wanna be super safe:

Coming from porto cristo, on your right 1/4 mile before the barques Lane is main parking.

I parked on the main road, police were there and no ticket

That is from September this year

cjsheps

• obsessive maniac
  • The Hero Gotham Deserves.
#3 Re: Cala Barques parking
October 09, 2016, 08:24:49 pm
Drive ~200m along the main road, with the Barques turning on your RHS. On your LHS, there will be a lay-by with some fig trees. Occasionally there's a crazy Argentinian guy called Diago who charges you two euros for parking. If you see him, tell him that chris and Ciro say hello!

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#4 Re: Cala Barques parking
October 20, 2016, 04:03:32 pm
Just in case anybody is googling this in the future. We visited twice in early October. First occasion we parked at the "overflow parking" in the little crescent shaped road about 200m towards Porto Cristo from the access road. This added a considerable distance to the walk in time (about 40 mins total to the beach and DWS). On walking out there were about 30-40 cars parked on the access track. No sign of any police.

Second visit was a much sunnier day. Parked on the access track. On leaving there were 70 cars parked on the access track (that's not a guess, I counted!). No sign of any police.

Seeing as they can presumably give all of these cars a 100 Euro fine, then it would definitely be "cost beneficial" to send a copper with a ticket book down there. If they did it every day then I'm sure people would soon get the message and stop parking there.

As it stands it seems that the policing is entirely random, but that you're more likely to be booked in the high season.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal