UKBouldering.com

Irregular trad partner, Eastern grit? (Read 1878 times)

slab_happy

• forum hero
Irregular trad partner, Eastern grit?
August 21, 2016, 03:01:59 pm
Because of reasons, I’m spending about half of my time living in the Peak district this year (until next February at least).

I’m usually up here for a few weeks at a time, then back in London for a week or two. When I’m here, I’m free on weekdays as well as weekends and keen to get as much climbing time in as possible. I’ve got some partners in the area already, but many of them have inconvenient things like jobs and families and lives, which I am unencumbered by ...

My UKC logbook’s up to date with my trad climbs (I’ve been a boulderer for much longer, but only use the logbook as a trad record): http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/showlog.html?id=149984

Currently leading up to VS and have just started trying to pick off the odd HVS, have seconded up to E1.

Got my own rack and rope but no car. However, I do live conveniently close to the Fox House bus stop, so I can walk to some crags and am easy to collect by car en route to others.

James Malloch

• forum hero
#1 Re: Irregular trad partner, Eastern grit?
August 21, 2016, 03:48:49 pm
If you use it, there's a facebook group called "psyched for the peak" which was originally set up by the university mountaineering club. Lot's of current and ex members in it as well as other non uni folk who have joined.

Used to be pretty good for finding people to climb with. Might be good for the daytimes as a lot of the people will have days off / early finishes.

slab_happy

• forum hero
#2 Re: Irregular trad partner, Eastern grit?
August 26, 2016, 08:47:14 pm
Alas, I abstain from Facebook out of general perversity. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal