UKBouldering.com

Motherboard at the Works (Read 16468 times)

rodma

• forum hero
#50 Re: Motherboard at the Works
July 03, 2016, 10:18:41 pm
I guess the kickboard tradeoff is that without one, the first move is disproportionately tough ( bum hanging out), but with one can feel too easy. Pulling on outside on steeper stuff, getting your arse off the deck can feel nails, if not impossible, so I'd tend towards having either no kickboard, or a glassily slick one for full training benefit.
Having jugs or big footholds on a board ( at somewhere like the works) is a complete waste of time. On a home board it makes sense, unless you have enough space to build a warm up area.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Three Nine

• forum hero
#51 Re: Motherboard at the Works
July 06, 2016, 10:33:16 am
it makes the first move as hard as other moves.
This many people don't like. I don't go to climbing gyms anymore, but at least here most gyms have an embarassing setting tailored on beginners. Fair enough, they pay the bills, but it sucks. Everybody want to tick through the grades without breaking a sweat. Evybudy wanna be a bodybuilder, but don't nobudy wanna lift heavy ass weight.

I love big Ron.

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#52 Re: Motherboard at the Works
July 06, 2016, 12:28:45 pm
I thought Big Ron was Fawcett?
 :-\

Three Nine

• forum hero
#53 Re: Motherboard at the Works
July 06, 2016, 12:36:50 pm
I thought Big Ron was Fawcett?
 :-\

nah that's puny white Ron

Paul B

• forum hero
#54 Re: Motherboard at the Works
July 06, 2016, 09:56:49 pm
Or just cover it in bits of grip tape?

Honestly the things you people moan about in Sheffield. Try living in another part of the country without several world class walls  :whistle:

This. Be pleased (and yes people I see the huge irony here; Hi Percy/Graeme  :tease: ) you have a wall that constantly strives to improve even if you think they may have it slightly wrong.

Monkey Boy - I think you need your feet anchoring back to real earth if you think most people have the luxury (time/financial) of accessing both the school board and motherboard (/insert other wall here) regularly!

Personally I hate the snatchy/foot popping nature of the BM boards. That's because I'm injury prone and probably very bad at climbing on them. I haven't tried the new board or Nedward's home board but he's hardly a stranger to getting training right! I remember either Dan or Ned once saying that sessions should be judged as a success if you did a new move rather than a new problem!

a dense loner

• forum hero
#55 Re: Motherboard at the Works
July 06, 2016, 10:02:43 pm
I've always said that yet people laughed at me and kicked chalk in my face.

You having something good to say about the works is seriously messing with my chi at the moment!

I tell monkey boy that at least 3x a wk.

Paul B

• forum hero
#56 Re: Motherboard at the Works
July 06, 2016, 10:09:22 pm
You having something good to say about the works is seriously messing with my chi at the moment!

I'm a changed man, seriously; in all honesty I just vent my bitterness work-ward currently.

(Given we're talking to each other [and it IS just us] using pseudonyms, via an internet forum, we should probably just pick up the phone?).

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#57 Re: Motherboard at the Works
July 06, 2016, 10:38:34 pm

I'm a changed man, seriously; in all honesty I just vent my bitterness work-ward currently.

(Given we're talking to each other [and it IS just us] using pseudonyms, via an internet forum, we should probably just pick up the phone?).
That would prevent the rest of us from seeing it though and therefore be boring.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#58 Re: Motherboard at the Works
July 07, 2016, 12:40:21 am
Looks from the marks on the arete that somebody has been toe-hooking around the side of the board... :whistle:
I already made that gag Percy (you bloody cheat!).

I was just more subtle.

a dense loner

• forum hero
#59 Re: Motherboard at the Works
July 07, 2016, 07:40:00 am
Paul I don't trust you picking up a phone. I would feel responsible if your wrist snapped mid conversation.

haydn jones

• forum hero
#60 Re: Motherboard at the Works
September 15, 2016, 11:37:29 pm
Who do i need to convince to put some more undercuts on the board. Theres a serious lack of 'em.

peewee

• obsessive maniac
  • Wilko Baggins
  • If in doubt, Lock it out (Dynamically)
#61 Re: Motherboard at the Works
September 16, 2016, 12:48:07 pm
Paul I don't trust you picking up a phone. I would feel responsible if your wrist snapped mid conversation.

Call in for a board session one week if your working over this way and you can see how bad he is on boards other than the beastmakers  :great: :great:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal