UKBouldering.com

Poachers on Derbyshire Dales rivers (Read 3551 times)

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Poachers on Derbyshire Dales rivers
June 24, 2016, 05:25:22 pm
It has happened in the past that climbers in the past have been accused of poaching. If you see anything untoward please report it..

www.derbyshirealert.co.uk/da/149189

Safer Neighbourhood officers have been working in partnership to help deter poachers from rivers in the Derbyshire Dales.
PCSO Ian Phipps from the Tideswell, Litton, Baslow and Beeley beat has been teaming up with river keepers to carry out joint patrols of the river routes.

The policing team have been working alongside the cragx and Litton Flyfishers Club over the past year to deter rural crime and to offer reassurance to residents living close to the rivers.

Force wildlife crime officer, PC Emerson Buckingham, said: “Fish poaching is an issue that affects the whole of Derbyshire at this time and is taken seriously by the Derbyshire Constabulary Wildlife Crime Unit.

“We are working in close partnership with the Environment Agency and a large number of fishing clubs across the county to tackle this issue. As part of this, we have teamed up with fishing clubs to launch an anti-poaching scheme whereby members can directly report these types of incidents to a wildlife crime police officer such as myself, or the Environment Agency. This scheme has proved very effective since it started running at the beginning of the year.”

PCSO Ian Phipps from the area’s Safer Neighbourhood team added: “These joint patrols are a fantastic way of working alongside the local fishers club to find out more about the work of the river bailiffs and to deter rural crime such as poaching. 
“It is also a great opportunity to find out more about the issues that matter most to the rural and fishing communities and how we can further support them.”

Chris Thirtle of the cragx and Litton Flyfishers Club said: “The joint patrols between the river bailiffs and police demonstrates how rural crime, such as poaching, is taken seriously. The visible police presence also provides reassurance to people living in communities close to the river.

“Patrolling together allows us to share relevant intelligence, build trust, and also increases our understanding of one another's capabilities and limitations. Whether we're supporting the police by using our local knowledge in a missing persons search, or they are supporting us in a poaching incident, this closer working relationship increases the likelihood of a successful result.”

The anti-poaching group meet on a regular basis and hold seminars twice a year to discuss the issue and make improvements moving forward.

To speak to the Tideswell Safer Neighbourhood Team call 101, or send them a message online using the Contact Us section of our website: www.derbyshire.police.uk/Contact-Us

You can also follow the team on Twitter for all of the latest community news: @TideswellSNT

Report wildlife crime to police on 101 or 999 in an emergency.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
love the auto correct for cragx

bigtuboflard

• forum abuser
Had the same problem when trying to describe the cragx crawl on the fell running thread. Doesn't help if you're trying to explain to people how to get to the start of they've not been before, though to be fair the run does go straight past "it"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haydn jones

• forum hero
Crag x cragx

haydn jones

• forum hero
I don't  get it what doea cragx get auto corrected too? Im on my phone and it still says it?

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
other way around, the place name gets changed to cragx

haydn jones

• forum hero
Ahhh ok i understand now. I was wondering why the fishermen called it crag x too  :slap: not feeling to sharp today.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Had the same problem when trying to describe the cragx crawl on the fell running thread. Doesn't help if you're trying to explain to people how to get to the start of they've not been before, though to be fair the run does go straight past "it"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Replace the C with a K, job done. Say you're Russian if anyone asks.

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
PCSO Ian Phipps from the area’s Safer Neighbourhood team added: “These joint patrols are a fantastic way of working alongside the local fishers club to find out more about the work of the river bailiffs and to deter rural crime such as poaching.

So essentially a subsidised security firm working for the various fishing clubs.....from personal experience I could suggest there time would be better spent stopping people robbing shed contents/robbing stores/house breaking/stripping land rovers/ nicking farm machinery etc etc etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal