UKBouldering.com

Optimum macros for climbing / cutting (Read 15223 times)

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones

monkoffunk

• forum abuser
  • sponsored by 90% lindt and vitamin D
It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what. - Stephen fry

What a lovely world we live in. I reckon I'll bring my kids up by that philosophy when I have them. Bet they will have happy and fulfilling lives.

Three Nine

• forum hero
It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what. - Stephen fry

What a lovely world we live in. I reckon I'll bring my kids up by that philosophy when I have them. Bet they will have happy and fulfilling lives.

Stephen Fry, as well as being a bellend and a faggott, is by all accounts a miserable bastard. I do rather admire him as a comic actor though.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 05:48:50 pm by Three Nine »

Three Nine

• forum hero
Personally I think there's a difference between genuinely upsetting someone when you don't really need to (sometimes you do), and fretting about whether you'll provoke a spot of sanctimonious indication through what you say.

monkoffunk

• forum abuser
  • sponsored by 90% lindt and vitamin D
Probably a reasonable summary.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
I am offended by Will Hunt's glans-mushroom shaped head

can I throw rocks at him?

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
You can come across as a bit of a dick?
(in the abscence of an actual reply from Lund....) No shit. Not a homophobic or sexist or racist or religionist dick though.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
sanctimonious indication

Is that an optional extra on the Pope mobile ?

Three Nine

• forum hero
ha indignation

ducko

• forum abuser

Possibly, atleast that way they won't spend their lives being upset by remedial shit

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
ale the anti-DFBQGC hysteria and she thought those who were offended by it were a bunch of dickheads.

Anyway Lund, what do you actually think my sadly-replaced under strict UKB MODERATION TEAM threat avatar says about me?? Rampantly homophobic? Denegrator of gay rights? Keen to use potentially offensive terms to gay people as much as possible?? Really? Anything else?

You can come across as a bit of a dick?

Well, only really if you think that avatar is a selfy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomtom

• forum hero
sanctimonious indication

Is that an optional extra on the Pope mobile ?

The irony, coming from a BMW driver....

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
I know many people who don't use UKB because of it's culture - and permissiveness of the word "faggot" in an avator is simply a demonstration of that culture.

Interesting - the general culture thing not the word thing. Feel free to list (anonymously) the people you know who don't use it and what aspects of the culture they object to, e.g.

D.H. - refuses to visit since DFBWGC was ever allowed to exist.
M.C. - put off by too many Sheffield people.
J.T. - put off by too many smileys.
T.R. - tried to visit but prolonged vomitting fit in response to mark s's avatar.

In case this is a genuine issue, I've split it off here....

http://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php/topic,27098.0.html

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber

mark s

• junky
Bring back DFBWGC
agreed :)

Oh no just imagine the offence that would be caused to the three over sensitive little boys who love to be offended.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal