UKBouldering.com

Wed - Fri next week - Wales / Yorks / Lancs / Peak etc?? (Read 3293 times)

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
I'll be down in Chester on Wednesday and free from Wed evening onwards. The forecast looks decent so I'm keen to climb if anyone is available. I'd be up for Wales (low-lying stuff, Gogarth South / Clwyd especially), Yorkshire (lime sport/trad or grit if cold), Lancs, Peak (again if cold enough for grit). I have a car, gear, and know all of the areas well. I'll be looking to get some low-mid extreme mileage, am happy to abseil for gear, second easy stuff and belay on harder stuff and spot on whatever.

Please contact me ASAP at fiendophobia [at] googlemail [dot] com or 07958343645, cheers.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
Edit: Will be sticking around for the weekend if it turns out less showery than forecast, will certainly give Sat morning a try. If anyone's keen let me know, will probably be based in Wales. Could even do Llandulas  :P

Doylo

• forum hero

tomtom

• forum hero
I'm about tomorrow (Thurs) Fiend - and can get out for late morning/lunchtime (11 ish.. onwards). Happy to show you some of the Cheshire sandstone sites (Harmers/Helsby) if you like... not into any of that pervy rope stuff though :D

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
sorry am booked for Thu and Fri. Could do Cheshire or the Lime this evening tho...

tomtom

• forum hero
I've been and gone for today Fiend.. next time..

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
No worries TT. I went and got the inspirational new guide, went to Helsby, recced a lot and then got scared soloing Angel's Face which is rather rounded at the top!

Doylo plans are Pinfold tomorrow, Rhinnogs Friday, maybe more Rhinnogs Sat if the showers come later, or maybe try to get to the Range if czeque is heading over (very tentative) if any of that falls through (e.g. showers come early on sat), I'll try to post on here cos I wouldn't mind a bit of sport dabbling.

Doylo

• forum hero
No worries. I'm out with ThePerfectMan Friday. Not sure about weekend but don't like the look of those temp increases.

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
Pinfold tomorrow

Be warned - word is that someone has dumped some substance at one end of the crag, making it currently a bit unpleasant.

andy popp

• forum hero
A different Pinfold I think.

r-man

• forum hero
Ah. Thought it was an odd enough name that there wouldn't be more of them. Google reveals there are many.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Ah. Thought it was an odd enough name that there wouldn't be more of them. Google reveals there are many.

Probably related to the meaning of pinfold and the suitability of quarries for such tasks in times gone by (may have been herds rather than strays though).

r-man

• forum hero
Great to see I'm not the only one who can google.  :lol:

a dense loner

• forum hero
You know I'm working Friday Doylo!

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
Probably heading off today unless I get any txt/email offers especially a day out tradding with Dense :D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal