UKBouldering.com

biceps long head (Read 1944 times)

ghisino

• forum abuser
biceps long head
April 05, 2016, 10:36:07 am
Currently having trouble with my right shoulder, more of a biceps tendonitis though supraspinatus is sore as well.

It's a recurrent thing and usually i manage to tame it pretty fast with usual theraband + stretches and maybe some icing.

This time it seems more resilient and i'm getting pissed...

Any revolutionary/magic/voodoo self treatments i might try?

Joepicalli

• forum abuser
#1 Re: biceps long head
April 05, 2016, 10:49:47 am
Sorry to say, this sounds like the nexus of probs I've been having for the last years or so. No Voodoo, sorry, but I've been treating each element separately: i.e. the eccentric loading exercises, well documented elsewhere on this site, for the tendonitis, and sports massage for shoulders back and supraspinatus. Not to poo on your pile but I'm only just starting to get on top of this after a year. Though admittedly I did leave the tendonitis until I couldn't pick a paperback up pinch grip without out wincing.
The sports masseuse I've just started using did point out the importance of loosening up the supraspinatus to allow the biceps to work over a greater range, which made sense to me.

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#2 Re: biceps long head
April 09, 2016, 09:37:40 am
Can I join in here? Just started seeing a physio for some dull pain in the front of my right shoulder, which I've had intermittently for a while but got a lot worse when I did weighted pull-ups in January. My GP, based on an MRI, thought supraspinatus impingement from an arthritic AC joints, but the physio now reckons the immediate problem is more the long head of the biceps tendon. Treatment results so far: massage of the biceps tendon has converted generalised dull pain into localised sharp pain, which actually feels better.

petejh

• forum hero
#3 Re: biceps long head
April 11, 2016, 11:13:13 am
Only thing I can offer is don't end up overdoing it and straining/tearing your bicep longhead. I did last August and it took me 12 weeks before being able to start 'proper' climbing again.

Try a voodoo wrap for improving range of motion.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal