UKBouldering.com

Fingerboard "campus" set up (Read 1813 times)

JJP

• addict
Fingerboard "campus" set up
March 16, 2016, 11:28:40 am
Hi, looking for some advice on set up of stacked fingerboards in a garage.

Planning long term to build a board, campus and fingerboard area within the garage but starting with fingerboards as it will be a while before can get board built.

Was thinking of putting up my 3 fingerboards in a kind of campus set up like many indoor walls have now.  Some places seem to put them on a vertical wall while other have quite steep gradation between the fingerboards.

Has anyone got a similar arrangement and what did the go for steepness wise?

Cheers for any suggestions

Paul B

• forum hero
#1 Re: Fingerboard "campus" set up
March 16, 2016, 05:18:06 pm
I've always wondered the point in such setups (as opposed to mounting them on a systems type board).

For me a fingerboard is just that, a method for isolating the fingers (as best as you can). A campus board is a completely different beast (again, IMO) where I'm aiming for explosive power, lock off and contact strength. Is there a benefit in combining the two?

If I was to build a setup as you describe, I'd have a decent angle so that the inevitable hip dab (or tw*t in my case) doesn't occur.

JJP

• addict
#2 Re: Fingerboard "campus" set up
March 16, 2016, 06:56:39 pm
I know what you mean but I reckon it will be at least a year until I can build the campus board. It seems a space efficient way of using the 3 finger boards i already have plus will allow some additional exercises over dead hanging alone. Also think a bit of a gradient would be best.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal