UKBouldering.com

Advice needed on long term injuries (Read 9941 times)

T_B

• forum hero
You could try Kim in Hathersage, tho he is an Osteopath. He's a climber.
http://www.hathersageosteopath.co.uk/

Baron

• obsessive maniac
Not overtraining (to exhaustion)
Stretching
Swimming
Plenty of rest

Theses all work for me. Just enjoy easier routes on your trip? Doesn't have to be about big numbers (less choice about this the older I get anyway, ha ha!)

Gus

• obsessive maniac
  • Smash It In!
Sheffield Chiropractor Clinic in Woodseats is very good. The main guy there is David Strutt. Sorted me out plenty of times!

petejh

• forum hero
Well and truly :offtopic:  :chair:  :spank: :read: etc.

TIL: that in Australia you don't have to have a degree in medicine, or a PhD, to call yourself a Doctor. Case study: Dr Julian Saunders, who's qualifications are:
"Bachelor of Biomedical Science (sports physiology)
Bachelor of Clinical Science
Masters of Health Science (Osteopathy)"

Apparently it's a loop hole in Australian Law (http://earnestkookaburra.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/can-anyone-can-call-themselves-doctor.html)

I'm not trying to undermine "Dr J", he's been a registered osteopath since 2002, so he most probably knows his stuff. I just think plastering "Dr" across his website is a bit cheeky. Maybe I'm just bitter as I'm in a rut with my own PhD. Anyway, please continue as you were...  :whistle:

It probably doesn't alter anything in reality - he's clearly someone who's in the trade of dealing with musculo-skeletal issues. I doubt anyone approaches him assuming he can offer a diagnosis of their prostrate problems or issue a prescription for anti-depressants; and he's clearly got a long history of practice as a manual therapist.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Not read it to assess quality but it might be useful to some...

tenodonpain.org

webbo

• forum hero
Another note......

I do a lot of stretching
I found theraband pointless and have recently upped this to dumbells
One of the Physios I saw for a running injury, she was also a runner reckoned there was not a lot of evidence to say stretching did anything for either injury prevention or recovery.
She said she never stretched while her running partner did and tended to get injured a lot.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal