UKBouldering.com

Diagnose my shoulder issue (Read 1301 times)

Mr_Cus

• player
Diagnose my shoulder issue
November 20, 2015, 10:03:52 pm

Very occasionally when i do shouldery press moves or sometimes hard/poor footed mantles my shoulder goes weird. 
It has happened on both shoulders a number of times but not at the same time.  Basically I get a very sharp stabbing pain and my arm goes almost completely dead to the point where I really struggle to lift it.  I tend to try and keep it mobile and after a couple of minutes the pain subsides and I am generally able to pull at full strength again about 5 minutes later.  The pain is usually, but not exclusively, focused just below the top of my scapula where it meets my arm.

I found an article on the other channel about shoulder impingement syndrome but i don't think it is this.  Any other ideas?

Thank you

andyd

• forum hero
    • https://vimeo.com/user14959179
#1 Re: Diagnose my shoulder issue
November 20, 2015, 10:59:02 pm
Go and get a physio to break up all the scar tissue on your shoulder. Same thing happened to 2 summers ago. It'll hurt like hell but they'll teach you how to fix and strengthen it. Good luck on the physio table

Mr_Cus

• player
#2 Re: Diagnose my shoulder issue
November 20, 2015, 11:27:46 pm
Go and get a physio to break up all the scar tissue on your shoulder. Same thing happened to 2 summers ago. It'll hurt like hell but they'll teach you how to fix and strengthen it. Good luck on the physio table

Cheers for the response :)  Did they tell you what was going on in there?

andyd

• forum hero
    • https://vimeo.com/user14959179
#3 Re: Diagnose my shoulder issue
November 20, 2015, 11:52:08 pm
Inflation from a Build up of scar tissue preventing muscle/tendon from squeezing through a tight gap. Sorry I can't be more anatomical. Easy to diagnose though for a physio

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal